A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

48 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Hopefully Everton and Southampton haven’t got their flip flops on just yet

I reckon Everton will give them a good game, plenty of players will be playing for their futures under Ancelotti after he gave them all a rocket last week. Southampton are no pushovers either 

35 minutes ago, Django said:

I reckon Everton will give them a good game, plenty of players will be playing for their futures under Ancelotti after he gave them all a rocket last week. Southampton are no pushovers either 

They really responded to that rocket by labouring to snatching a late draw at home to Villa. 

Guest The Horse

I really can't believe ATBS STILL isn't here.

I thought he'd be all over this, having a good laugh at the Blunts.

No reactions from AlbanianDog either.

Sooooo odd.

If that lad Barnes had end product, it could have been 4 or 5 nil.

Chance to square it and he hit it straight at Henderson.

Chance to score and again he hit it straight at Henderson.

I only watched about 30min of the game, between putting little one to bed and shower but Leicester during this time had a few chances.

United had the one where Schmeichel made a good save. 

They looked very average tonight. But I'm still jealous as fizz. 

Just seen his post match interview and it’s worth a watch. He’s thrown every single one of them under the bus.

Cant work out if he’s a flipping idiot or some kind of genius, I’m beyond predicting it now lol

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, H2Owl said:

Just seen his post match interview and it’s worth a watch. He’s thrown every single one of them under the bus.

Cant work out if he’s a flipping idiot or some kind of genius, I’m beyond predicting it now lol

To be fair, he's exactly what I'd like a manager to be. He's done this before and we all thought it might backfire but it didn't. 

Anger and desire. Some players will nosedive from this kind of interview - Wilder will ship them out ASAP. He only want's players with fire in their belly that will see this and raise their game.

Unlike us, who kept onto big time charlies way too long.

Proper manager, as much as it pains me to say.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Skyline said:

To be fair, he's exactly what I'd like a manager to be. He's done this before and we all thought it might backfire but it didn't. 

Anger and desire. Some players will nosedive from this kind of interview - Wilder will ship them out ASAP. He only want's players with fire in their belly that will see this and raise their game.

Unlike us, who kept onto big time charlies way too long.

Proper manager, as much as it pains me to say.

That ‘they’re league 1 / championship players playing in the PL’ will sting the players. As above, they’ll probably run that extra mile as a result, rather than spit the dummy out.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

That ‘they’re league 1 / championship players playing in the PL’ will sting the players. As above, they’ll probably run that extra mile as a result, rather than spit the dummy out.

That will work with the group that he has now, but the true test for Wilder will be if the same tricks work with a higher calibre of player 

Hes only ever known success wherever hes managed,sad to say I think hel be there a long time,and they will get stronger.

He gets the optimum out of every player and hes spent his brass wisely on hard working players that buy into his philosophy and graft hard in training and out on the pitch,they dont spaff millions and pay more millions in wages to to show ponies that spend week in week out in the treatment room and kiss the badge once in a while

That interview is bonkers.

I'm curious to see how Wilder deals with a real bad run. He hasn't had one yet in his career. Interviews like that must lose you a dressing room if you're not careful, surely?

Looking at the remaining fixtures Burnley and arsenal have two very winnable games. Drop points v Everton and think it’s all over for them. Fingers crossed. Hate to say it but they’ve still had a hell of a season.

8 hours ago, H2Owl said:

At last !!  Was beginning to think "thrown under the bus" was never going to be mentioned !

• Haha 1

He's done that before and we all said it'd backfire, think they went on winning streak that got em promoted. He knows what he's doing, he knows that interview will spur on certain players for the last 2 games. He doesn't need the ones who will spit the dummy out. They'll win their next 2 games and it'll be down to whether those above can match it. They're exactly where he'd choose to be right now. Chasing like the plucky underdogs he wants them to be. It's his way and it works. 

You know that word we can't type on here beginning with 'c'? 

That. Every last one of em. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Matt_1 said:

That interview is bonkers.

I'm curious to see how Wilder deals with a real bad run. He hasn't had one yet in his career. Interviews like that must lose you a dressing room if you're not careful, surely?

He tends to sign players with a character that means they will push harder after being pulled down a peg or two. Or at the very least the vast majority of the squad are like that so don't allow the others to step out of line.

plus it will allow him to show who will spit the dummy out. Once he knows that they can't handle it he will get rid of them.

Can't stand him but it's great management. He builds a solid structure throughout the club. We are crying out for that

Edited by markg