Paul Jones

8 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Thought for a second, it was the old Welsh keeper, who used to play in the top flight a lifetime ago, last time we were in the top flight WTF::ghoulguy:

I thought exactly the same, assumed it was the one who used to play for Wolves. Just looked him up and he's 52 now!

This one is 33, played over 400 senior games, and I've never heard of him.

Just now, alanharper said:

I thought exactly the same, assumed it was the one who used to play for Wolves. Just looked him up and he's 52 now!

This one is 33, played over 400 senior games, and I've never heard of him.

Same here to be honest. Had only heard of the old Welsh keeper and the Manfred Mann vocalist, assumed it were the Welsh keeper but thought he was way too old. Didn't even know there were another keeper called Paul Jones lol

Guest Ash76
19 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

What a years contract. Why not just get a two month or even 6 month loan keeper.

Because this will be cheaper. 

Be be surprised if he’s on much more than 1k a week

Could not we just have registered Nicky Weaver - he will never play a game and will be 4th choice behind Dawson and Wildsmith when they are both fit.

The only reason for doing this is if we are going to send one of Dawson or Wildsmith out on loan when both are fit.

Not sure about this, could have been solved by a short term loan deal, if we felt we needed one It’s not a huge amount of money, but it’s money that could be spent elsewhere 

Its similar to the guy we eventually sent to Mansfield

Edited by gurujuan

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not sure about this, could have been solved by a short term loan deal, if we felt we needed one It’s not a huge amount of money, but it’s money that could be spent elsewhere 

Its similar to the guy we eventually sent to Mansfield

Surely it depends how much he's costing us.  I'd imagine there's plenty of 30+ keepers looking for a year's work so he won't be costing us much.

Wildsmith must be out for a while and add on rehab time we needed cover.