Paul Jones

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

You need to get over yourself

I have not said about signing anyone else I just don't see the point of signing a player who will never play.

Maybe I am wrong we should sign a player who will never grace the pitch as a player.

I am  not bothered if he is one £1,000 a week or £100,000 a week we don't need him. We have 3 very good keeper one is injured but will be back so, one is suspended for 1 day, we have a also very highly though of keeper in the under 23's if need. 

For me we don't need him but for others he is a great signing. 

Even being on the bench for one single solitary game on Saturday will be worth the £50k in wages he will likely be getting over the year. 

If i was the Barnsley manager, knowing we have an unproven young goalkeeper on the bench, I’d be making sure my players clattered Dawson. If Dawson goes off, then they’re at a huge advantage. There’s nowhere to hide as a young keeper. 

By having Jones on the bench,it protects Dawson, and means that should Dawson get injured, sent off,

whatever, the chances of winning the game don’t swing massively into Barnsley’s favour.

Another 3 points on Saturday would ensure we easily recoup the £50k wages we spend on Jones for the duration of his contract.

I work this out by winning our first two games would generate extra positivity and I believe would add around 1700 to the crowd for the next home game. 1700 x £30 covers the £50k.

Edited by Tudders