Paul Jones

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If those players break down then we have Pelupessy, van Aken or Thorniley to come into their place. All 3 are experienced professionals now.

Be stupid to stick a kid who hasn't played a game before onto the bench in a derby match. Especially when you look at how some of our supporters have treated Dawson, if he had to come on and drops a clanger he's fizzed.

The comparison you made is ridiculous btw. Totally ridiculous and is a completely different situation.

Look if he has been signed so we can send either Dawson or Wildsmith out on loan then its fine but if we have signed him because of one game then its not smart business. Westwood is out for one game, Wildsmith is back in 4 or 5 weeks so he will be then 4th choice.

I just think what ever has been spent on him would be better spent in other areas of the pitch. Yes get cover in but sort the issues at left back, right wing and central midfield and defence first.

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Look if he has been signed so we can send either Dawson or Wildsmith out on loan then its fine but if we have signed him because of one game then its not smart business. Westwood is out for one game, Wildsmith is back in 4 or 5 weeks so he will be then 4th choice.

I just think what ever has been spent on him would be better spent in other areas of the pitch. Yes get cover in but sort the issues at left back, right wing and central midfield and defence first.

Not according to Bullen, he said possible 3 months.

• Like 1

One of our keepers is injured and is so for a while, so we sign an experienced pro to come in as third choice.

A one year deal on naff all wages.

And yet we have some wazzock calling for our GK coach to be registered as 4th choice. This same person would be lambasting the club if they did such a thing.

This person has also decided that this signing means we are not signing anyone else.

It is almost like said person is desperate to find fault with literally everything the club does. 

Edited by SiJ

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He hasn't been signed to cover one game, that's quite clear given than Wildsmith has a posterior cruciate ligament injury...i don't think he's going to be back to 100% for a while yet. 

It's a sensible move to give put us back up to 3 senior goal keepers within the squad. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

One of our keepers is injured and is so for a while, so we sign an experienced pro to come in as third choice.

A one year deal on naff all wages.

And yet we have some wazzock calling for our GK coach to be registered as 4th choice. This same person would be lambasting the club if they did such a thing.

This person has also decided that this signing means we are not signing anyone else.

It is almost like said person is desperate to find fault with literally everything the club does. 

You need to get over yourself

I have not said about signing anyone else I just don't see the point of signing a player who will never play.

Maybe I am wrong we should sign a player who will never grace the pitch as a player.

I am  not bothered if he is one £1,000 a week or £100,000 a week we don't need him. We have 3 very good keeper one is injured but will be back so, one is suspended for 1 day, we have a also very highly though of keeper in the under 23's if need. 

For me we don't need him but for others he is a great signing. 

3 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

He hasn't been signed to cover one game, that's quite clear given than Wildsmith has a posterior cruciate ligament injury...i don't think he's going to be back to 100% for a while yet. 

It's a sensible move to give put us back up to 3 senior goal keepers within the squad. 

So Westwood and Dawson both fit  is he going to play a single minute of football for us.

If either of these did get injured as we sign Jones as a free agent then could we not just sign a free agent keeper if we needed one.

25 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Wildsmith won't be back til Christmas.

You would also be the first to moan if Dawson or Westwood get injured for an length of time after the window and we are left with one stopper.

26 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Is that real life weeks or is it Wednesday weeks. If it's Wednesday weeks he could be out for months

lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So Westwood and Dawson both fit  is he going to play a single minute of football for us.

If either of these did get injured as we sign Jones as a free agent then could we not just sign a free agent keeper if we needed one.

So, you want us to wait until Westwood AND Dawson are injured before bringing in another keeper?? I think you need a dose of reality, this isn't a video game. it's really not as simple as just bringing in a keeper when needed, like they're sat on a shelf waiting to be picked.  Is it not better to have a keeper in and around the squad, getting know players? Getting to know what we expect from them etc? 

I don't think he'll see much action either, but i don't really care either if i'm honest. He's here to be a backup. The club and our significantly more experienced coaches feel it necessary to bring in a backup.

We aren't the only club to have to do this, and this isn't the only time we've had to do this in our 152 year existence. 

Edited by bigdan2003