Paul Jones

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

You need to get over yourself

I have not said about signing anyone else I just don't see the point of signing a player who will never play.

Maybe I am wrong we should sign a player who will never grace the pitch as a player.

I am  not bothered if he is one £1,000 a week or £100,000 a week we don't need him. We have 3 very good keeper one is injured but will be back so, one is suspended for 1 day, we have a also very highly though of keeper in the under 23's if need. 

For me we don't need him but for others he is a great signing. 

I would have agreed with you in the fact that it does seem a bit extreme for one game.

But it is clearly the case that the Wildsmith injury must be worse than they thought that's why they are getting cover long term so they dont have to rush his progress.

2 hours ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

I'm not 100% on the rules but I dont think you can promote youth players for just one game without them having a senior contract. 

Don't think that is right.  Anyhow our Under 23 keeper Josh Render signed a pro contract a couple of months ago.  The kid at Fulham who has just joined Liverpool was still at school last season when he made his debut

To dispel the myth that he’s simply been signed to cover a 1 game suspension, this is what Bullen said after the VfB Lubeck game...2 weeks ago: 

“But it (the goalkeeping situation) is an aspect we are going to have to address as a club after Joe's injury. We may have to look potentially at bringing someone in or look at the academy and see what is there.

"But that is a discussion for us to have with the chairman and we will see if we can get the right strength in depth there.

"With Joe out for a while, we need to make sure we have adequate cover because all it takes is another silly little knock which injures somebody for a couple of weeks and we are sort of left a little bit high and dry”

He will have been signed until the end of June so a 10 month contract.

Will probably be on the bench at most 5 times this season but IF we do have our 3 first choice keepers out at the same time at least this fella will know the players and the way they play from training rather than bring a 3rd/4th choice keeper from another club who doesn’t know our style of play etc

There is a keeper who made a career out of being 3rd-5th choice keeper and probably earned some decent money for doing so!! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Taylor_(footballer,_born_1980)

A good, experienced and most likely a cheap cover. A very good signing, and seems to have a good attitude because he's here despite knowing that he's third choice by default.

He's played enough games to mentor the younger keepers as well. If not at the top level, but the basics of the goalkeeping business are still the same.

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t agree with signing any player who isn’t good enough to play for our first team, unless you’re talking about signing a player for the U23s

Therefore you know nothing about professional football. 

Seems abit needless to me

Surely one of the young lads could have sat on the bench against Barnsley.

After that it’s Westwood back in, Dawson back on the bench, then Wildsmith back in contention at the end of the month

25 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Seems abit needless to me

Surely one of the young lads could have sat on the bench against Barnsley.

After that it’s Westwood back in, Dawson back on the bench, then Wildsmith back in contention at the end of the month

Wildsmith is out 3 months