Paul Jones

Guest Ash76
6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not sure about this, could have been solved by a short term loan deal, if we felt we needed one It’s not a huge amount of money, but it’s money that could be spent elsewhere 

Its similar to the guy we eventually sent to Mansfield

You identify me a short term loan deal that will cost less than 50k. Not happening.

As for the Weaver suggestion

:duntmatter:

Just now, Ash76 said:

You identify me a short term loan deal that will cost less than 50k. Not happening.

As for the Weaver suggestion

:duntmatter:

I don’t agree with signing any player who isn’t good enough to play for our first team, unless you’re talking about signing a player for the U23s

48 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Surprised by this didn't think we needed one. 

Must mean we may be looking to send out Wildsmith on loan if he is fit by the end of the month.

We've got one keeper available to face Barnsley, we're one injury away from a crisis

Signing another keeper was always going to happen

• Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

28 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Could not we just have registered Nicky Weaver - he will never play a game and will be 4th choice behind Dawson and Wildsmith when they are both fit.

The only reason for doing this is if we are going to send one of Dawson or Wildsmith out on loan when both are fit.

Nicky Weaver was broken when he was still playing let alone now hes retired!

5 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We've got one keeper available to face Barnsley, we're one injury away from a crisis

Considering we let go all our u23 keepers then probably right. But was there a need for a long term one. 

Perhaps the lack of u23 keepers now forced our hand so we have experience for the season. 

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Considering we let go all our u23 keepers then probably right. But was there a need for a long term one. 

Perhaps the lack of u23 keepers now forced our hand so we have experience for the season. 

Like someone else said previously, once Wildesmith is fit, we can send him or Dawson out on loan

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

7 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We have no right midfielders at the club, we are one injury away from a crisis in central midfield and central defence - I await the players coming in to sort these positions.

Bullen mention the keeper thing last week - I hope that was not the only deal he was working on and Hector, and a few recruits in areas of the pitch we need will be coming in very quickly.

Not sure why people are questioning this really.

He won't be on more than 1k a week.

It stops us from having a keeper crisis at the weekend and having to chuck an unproven 20 year old into his debut against a local rival.

Allows us to loan Dawson or Wildsmith out in January if situation arises too.

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

What happens if Dawson goes down or gets sent off Saturday?

What happens if either of Hutch or Lee break down because both have dodgy injury records, what happens if either of lees or Borner get injured.

Anything can happen in football but this bloke is never going to play a game, we would be better promoting the under 23's keeper for a bit of first team experience. As I said previously the only reason for this is if we send one of Dawson or Wildsmith out on loan (when both are fit)

Edited by room0035

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

What happens if either of Hutch or Lee break down because both have dodgy injury records, what happens if either of lees or Borner get injured.

Anything can happen in football but this bloke is never going to play a game, we would be better promoting the under 23's keeper for a bit of first team experience. As I said previously the only reason for this is if we send one of Dawson or Wildsmith out on loan (when both are fit)

If those players break down then we have Pelupessy, van Aken or Thorniley to come into their place. All 3 are experienced professionals now.

Be stupid to stick a kid who hasn't played a game before onto the bench in a derby match. Especially when you look at how some of our supporters have treated Dawson, if he had to come on and drops a clanger he's fizzed.

The comparison you made is ridiculous btw. Totally ridiculous and is a completely different situation.

• Like 1