Dunno if I dare do this but here goes

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Take your time Chris no bother pal. No rush.

Yea, that's right Chris.

We'll even wait while you go to the cricket !

As long as it's only tonight's 20/20 game.:rolleyes:

Hope Chansiri is not trying to persuade a man who doesn’t really want the job.

Experience should tell him that won’t end well.

Although Hughton has the best record of those supposedly in the running, someone younger, still with something to prove neede.

Van Bronchhorst would do nicely (if really he wants it)

57 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He won't get one though. Hughton himself said managers like him only get to be prem managers by taking a team up from the championship - which is why I'm surprised he's not up for it. 

Me neither. He was only on £525k at Brighton apparently, so that will be his current 'garden leave' wage. He could earn so much more with us. 

Free money, sure!  But still...you'd think we were an attractive proposition, fine line finances or not. 

I hate how we're all spaffing our pants over the possibility of Houghton arriving. He did very well at Brighton but should be the type of candidate we expect.

Only because the rest of the names barring GVB are so god awful. Guess we know we can't afford to poach an in work manager, but I can tell DC will be doing everything he can to persuade Houghton first. If not then its a lucky dip from the rest of the dross out there.

May as well get Megson in short term if that's the case, until someone good becomes available. Much prefer than than giving a 2 year deal to Pulis or Rowett.

That or look around Germany, they seem to be breeding quality coaches like crazy lately, must be something in the frankfurters. German style seems to adapt well to the English game.

Edited by swfc-dan

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Reckon DC must have been well busy today. We’ve obviously just been entirely focussed on reporting Newcastle to the Premier League right up until today and now that has been achieved he’s interviewed a couple of managers.

I feel genuinely sorry for DC, he came in proper green, got stitched up in the vacuous world of super agents without really understanding wtf was what, had the euphoria of the first season, bet the bank on seasoned 'dunnits' in the second season who turned out to be overpaid, over the hill, panicked on Jos, finally sorted on the coaching team with Bruce and then gets it all thrown back in his face. 

So is facing a massive black hole in terms of overall losses (probably 150m inc. stadium), juggling P&S, trying to get embargo lifted, sell a couple, attract a new manager, sign a few players, sell season tickets/ generate income. 

Fk me we are lucky he is in this blls deep as he has got a lot on!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

I once owned the domain "whelmed.com". Never did get around to building it. Would basically have been Reddit but ten years earlier.

My next plan is medicated cup-a-soups

I probably bought whelmed.com from you to add to my portfolio, but i was so underwhelmed by it I let it go and started to develop a new range of medicated cup-a...

wait a minute WTF:

Edited by Spookone
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

I once owned the domain "whelmed.com". Never did get around to building it. Would basically have been Reddit but ten years earlier.

My next plan is medicated cup-a-soups

I once tried to get the rights to a website called sparklebell.com back in 1992 when I had a Super Nintendo.  My idea got poo poo'd as apparently adding popping candy to KY jelly was not deemed safe for internal use. 

How times have changed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Literally in the first paragraph:

"...but he is understood to be holding out for a Premier League job."

:rolleyes:

Personally think if he's holding out for a Premier job then he's going to be disappointed.  I don't see a struggling Premier club that's just pressed the panic button knocking on Hughton's door.

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Nobody from Brighton would move to Sheffield, far to uncouth. Brexiteers paradise up here, besides foook the southern tw@ts coming up here and nicking our jobs.:tongue:

Don't worry I went down there and nicked theirs for 30 years.