Dunno if I dare do this but here goes

3 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

I hate how we're all spaffing our pants over the possibility of Houghton arriving. He did very well at Brighton but should be the type of candidate we expect.

Only because the rest of the names barring GVB are so god awful. Guess we know we can't afford to poach an in work manager, but I can tell DC will be doing everything he can to persuade Houghton first. If not then its a lucky dip from the rest of the dross out there.

May as well get Megson in short term if that's the case, until someone good becomes available. Much prefer than than giving a 2 year deal to Pulis or Rowett.

That or look around Germany, they seem to be breeding quality coaches like crazy lately, must be something in the frankfurters. German style seems to adapt well to the English game.

Trigg..........why do you keep calling me Dave ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Literally in the first paragraph:

"...but he is understood to be holding out for a Premier League job."

:rolleyes:

13 hours ago, bronxowl said:

If he’s holding out for a PL job, why be interviewed?

'holding out for a PL job' is like saying, 'i'm too good for the division you're in, BUT how much (moneywise) do you want me?'

13 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Nobody from Brighton would move to Sheffield, far to uncouth. Brexiteers paradise up here, besides foook the southern tw@ts coming up here and nicking our jobs.:tongue:

giphy.gif

If Rowett gets it, then we'll probably end the season with him the dugout.

If Hughton gets it we'll most likely be looking for a new boss once the PL sacking season starts.

I rate Hughton more highly than Rowett, but then again I rate Guardiola more highly than Rowett.

Rating a manager is one thing; getting/retaining him is quite another.

As we well know ...