Odds For The New Manager

2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Always take rumours with a pinch of salt but been told it is between the 2 favourites. Rowett wants it and has been told a decision will be taken once we have spoken to all those we feel have the required creditionals. Hughton has asked for some time to consider and it's thought we're giving him some time. The person that told me wasn't aware of any deadline for decisions

Personally i'd give Hughton until the weekend is out

Soooo, Hughton appointed after the Ashes? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Karl said:

Given our financial and embargo constraints, surely we need a management team with current EFL experience.

The freebies Bruce brought in look excellent business and it's looking like we need more of this.

Sadly, they must have good knowledge of squads like Rotherham.

8 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Given our financial and embargo constraints, surely we need a management team with current EFL experience.

The freebies Bruce brought in look excellent business and it's looking like we need more of this.

Sadly, they must have good knowledge of squads like Rotherham.

I'd rather a coach that can get the best out of our players, with a bit of tactical nous than someone who can name Rotherham's squad.

3 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I'd rather a coach that can get the best out of our players, with a bit of tactical nous than someone who can name Rotherham's squad.

Sorry mate , to clarify I agree but meant we can only buy / pay  players relatively cheaply from lower EFL clubs. 

Rui Silva is a very different choice if we go down that route. However under an embargo and the type of players we have, I think we need someone with Championship experience, we need someone of a similar ilk to Bruce, we all saw the change in the second half of the season and one of the reasons Bruce hit the ground running was due to his and his staffs knowledge of the squad and Championship. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Silva now In at 2/1. Hughton to Rowett to an assistant manager that hasn’t managed before. Come on DC that would be a daft decision. 

Have to start somewhere. Could be a master stroke.

I like things like this, i'm abit crazy though. Why have managers who have made a name for themselves elsewhere and been fired? We could have a young, exciting assistant manager who is ready to make the transition and make a name for himself. He can make his reputation at Sheffield Wednesday. Im excited.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, striker said:

Paxo's choice?

No (probably...)

Espírito Santo's agents are GestiFute (Jorges Mendes).  Would assume Silva is the same.  Paixao (Doyen) are their rivals.  So doubtful.

Edited by Suzuki_San

1 minute ago, Mr Hooper said:

Have to start somewhere. Could be a master stroke.

I like things like this, i'm abit crazy though. Why have managers who have made a name for themselves elsewhere and been fired? We could have a young, exciting assistant manager who is ready to make the transition and make a name for himself. He can make his reputation at Sheffield Wednesday. Im excited.

Could mean some poo hot loans too...and playing style, if he apes his old gaffer, would be great to watch.  

Many of us on here, when considering the new manager, are looking towards consolidation I think.

Mr C is still looking towards promotion and beyond and I applaud him for that if it's the case.

I'd be excited by this appointment.

11 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

No (probably...)

Espírito Santo's agents are GestiFute (Jorges Mendes).  Would assume Silva is the same.  Paixao (Doyen) are their rivals.  So doubtful.

Yeah  but when it doubt don't forget to drag the bogeym...err Paxo into it lol 

• Like 1

It would be quite a brave decision by DC. Potentially a very good choice, some people thrive when they get the top job, other never quite handle the responsibility. It's a step up from the also rans we have been considering.

Personally I'd go for Hughton as better for us where we are now because of his Championship experience but assuming he has turned us down, Silva is an interesting alternative.

• Like 1