Odds For The New Manager

3 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

We've had four managers in four years. That means we are a troubled club. It's also an warning signal to any prospective manager to approach us with caution

We. Will probably have major problems recruiting a decent young, honest, successful manager as a consequence. 

Forget old timers like pullis. Coleman isn't hard enough and our workshy lazy players will run rings around him(rather than the opposition) as they refuse to pull their weight. 

We have a squad with too many players who only start trying when their lucrative Premier league style contracts are up for renewal. 

It's happened for the last two seasons. 

We need a manager not afraid to take chances, not afraid to try new things and dump the donkeys and parasites 

I don't think there's a chance in hell that we wil get a manager like that. 

You reap what you sew. And our club has made a mess of its sewing. 

In many ways we've got exactly what we' deserve. 

Im an ideal world we need a complete clearoit starting with the little corperal 

One walked out on us for Premier League job.

One had the gig for over 2 years.

One was a disaster.

Who is the 4th?

That's not a bad record in today's game!

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nixon saying we are now looking at foreign is a worry. The last thing we need is another Jos :sad:

If I had to predict what I think will end up happening though I would guess Bullen will be in charge for the Reading game, we will beat them and certain fans will start saying give the job to Bullen, DC will think the same and that is what will happen. 

Then we lose the next 10 and everyone wants Bullen out, bit DC can’t pull the trigger and we end up bottom of the league at Christmas 

The phase “nice/great guy but...” breaks internet records for the most used start of a sentence in 2019-20. 

February - March 2020 we are fighting for our lives and looking for yet another manager 6 in DCs 5th year and the caliber of manager is even worse. No one wants to touch a nearly relegated team and up Steps (Zola/S Evans/D Saunders/C Coleman). 

Edited by Rogers

We were supposedly paying the snake £40k per week? I've heard the figure before but I doubt it's true. Maybe it's that much with a promotion bonus included but just week to week that's massive for the Championship.

£20K would still be a lot but I can believe that and a £1M promotion bonus.

Whatever. The right manager can save DC a fortune, why penny pinch. If we want Hughton, I do, he can bring in the right players at the right price rather than over priced, over paid players who are past it. Develop a few younger players the new manager finds and sell them at the right price and the manager pays for himself.

Don't spoil the ship for a ha'pennyworth of tar. Just get the right man.

Guest gizowl

Some journalists and websites are a waste of space, just watch what stories other papers and websites have run and put their own spin on it. Our next manager won't be paid what Bruce was on, no poo sherlock, I want Hughton and even he won't expect to be paid that much. FFS.

11 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Some journalists and websites are a waste of space, just watch what stories other papers and websites have run and put their own spin on it. Our next manager won't be paid what Bruce was on, no poo sherlock, I want Hughton and even he won't expect to be paid that much. FFS.

It's a nothing post they much getting desperate, putting out that saying 'Could be domestic , could be foreign,  wages less than Bruce', yea no sh*t thanks for pointing out the obvious Nixon :ghoulguy:

Hughton was supposedly on considerably less at Brighton than what Bruce was on here. My money would be on Hughton, if we can persuade him to take it on. Otherwise I'm still hopeful we could attract someone on the rise from the lower leagues, someone decent from abroad or a young coach over here.

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Hughton was supposedly on considerably less at Brighton than what Bruce was on here. My money would be on Hughton, if we can persuade him to take it on. Otherwise I'm still hopeful we could attract someone on the rise from the lower leagues, someone decent from abroad or a young coach over here.

We should be willing to pay Hughton the same as Bruce. Hughton’s record at this level is incredible and is also proven he can keep teams up in The Premier League. Getting Hughton through the door is more important than any player. I hope we don’t miss out on this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

We should be willing to pay Hughton the same as Bruce. Hughton’s record at this level is incredible and is also proven he can keep teams up in The Premier League. Getting Hughton through the door is more important than any player. I hope we don’t miss out on this.

Completely agree about the manager being more important than any player. DC should be using the wages saved on Bruce or the compensation money to bring in a top class manager. Another unknown foreign Jos type would be a real kick in the balls. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Completely agree about the manager being more important than any player. DC should be using the wages saved on Bruce or the compensation money to bring in a top class manager. Another unknown foreign Jos type would be a real kick in the balls. 

Trouble is there don't seem to be any top class managers available at present, I wouldn't want us to splash out massive wages on a mediocre manager just for the sake of it.

44 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Then we lose the next 10 and everyone wants Bullen out, bit DC can’t pull the trigger and we end up bottom of the league at Christmas 

The phase “nice/great guy but...” breaks internet records for the most used start of a sentence in 2019-20. 

February - March 2020 we are fighting for our lives and looking for yet another manager 6 in DCs 5th year and the caliber of manager is even worse. No one wants to touch a nearly relegated team and up Steps (Zola/S Evans/D Saunders/C Coleman). 

Chin up mate.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Trouble is there don't seem to be any top class managers available at present, I wouldn't want us to splash out massive wages on a mediocre manager just for the sake of it.

25 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

There are some even better ones available than Hughton but would we be able to attract them and afford them? The likes of GVB, Tedesco and Genesio. They've got more of a pedigree and would be ambitious appointments, whereas Hughton is a more suitable short term appointment, with his proven record in this League. If he's on less than they were and considerably less than Bruce, then considering his proven record at this level, he's by far the most suitable candidate. There are no others currently available more suitable and proven in this League than Hughton. The only other comparable ones are well past their best and haven't done anything for years.

We should do all we can to get a suitable replacement for Bruce, even if it means sacrificing bringing in players. I still think we could loan some quality in but I agree, bringing in a decent manager is most important and more important than any signings we could make.

Edited by The Night-Owl

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Bullen currently 11/1 on SkyBet. He is where the value is. Be amazed if he’s not in charge for Reading. Could even be in charge for the whole of August?

He's got to be in charge for at least 10 games if he's just to be classed as interim manager for bookies to pay out. Cant see it being Bullen,  he'd have got it by now.