Odds For The New Manager

6 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hardly any movement in the betting odds today. Rowett still favourite at 4/9, he was 4/11 last night. Bullens odds are now 9/1 after being 11/1 last night. 

It’s looking more and more likely that Bullen will be in charge for the Reading game which obviously will bring down his price.

6 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

Yonks ago I wanted Klinsmann as player manager, but instead we got Danny Wilson.

Very much doubt he'd want to swap his millionaire life style in California for Sth Yorkshire now, but there's no harm in asking.:duntmatter:

Hope we don’t ask, Klinsmann had a reputation for being tactically weak as a manager to the point his players have said they had to have separate team meetings before matches to discuss what they were doing.  Apparently he only cared about the offensive game and not the team’s defensive organisation. 

10 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Is it wrong to be slightly annoyed at that when we find ourselves without a manager when the season is upon us? Nothing is going to happen anytime soon is it. 

Not at all. Old snakey has left us well in the sh*t. Horrible feeling we'll be playing catch up whenever the new manager is announced. 

10 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Is it wrong to be slightly annoyed at that when we find ourselves without a manager when the season is upon us? Nothing is going to happen anytime soon is it. 

Not necessarily wrong, but when you’ve no idea what he’s doing there, how he’s spending his time whilst there or who else is helping to recruit the manager it would be a bit daft of you to be annoyed by it.

Guest wilyfox

So, season starts in a week, transfer deadline in two, we're without a manager, squad imbalanced, and DC goes on holiday..? Awesome. 

12 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I’m not talking about the next week. Taking a couple of weeks is understandable, but If we get into a see how Bullen gets on situation that’s quite different.

They haven’t been out of work that long.Just wait til September when a couple of managers go and the key names will dissapear.

DC essentially runs the business himself- signing off on most decisions, even those fairly trivial.

Personally I don't think that is an effective way to run a football club in 2019, but not much we can do about it sadly. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

So, season starts in a week, transfer deadline in two, we're without a manager, squad imbalanced, and DC goes on holiday..? Awesome. 

cannot believe yet again i feel like i'm defending DC this my be a long standing family thing who knows ? maybe even something like he allowed Bruce to do

I really hope to god this isn't him being him and being unaware of the crisis

what i hope it means is that he has a team reading CVs and doing initial interviews ( hopefully not the same people who selected Jos)  and i believe he's relaxed at having Bullen as continuity 

Normal criticism will resume shortly I'm having a medication review 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steelowl said:

cannot believe yet again i feel like i'm defending DC this my be a long standing family thing who knows ? maybe even something like he allowed Bruce to do

what i hope it means is that he has a team reading CVs and doing initial interviews ( hopefully not the same people who selected Jos)  and i believe he's relaxed at having Bullen as continuity 

The issue with being 'hands on' and wanting to control affairs directly, is you need the time and generally attendance at the work place to do it. I fear DC has neither and is seemingly unwilling to get a decent number 2/3 etc. to manage affairs whilst he's absent.

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, steelowl said:

As if he had a choice.

Timing sucks. Rearrange, go anytime after the 8th. Not unreasonable. Pretty clear a lot needs doing between now and then.