Odds For The New Manager

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Rogers said:

Do you think that clubs should always have a list of 5 managers that they review on a 6 monthly basis in case something happens. 

Like succession planning and such like that businesses put in place.  

Southampton do. Les Reed said they always had a list of potentials ready for when the time came that Mo Po and Koeman left for bigger clubs. 

6 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Do you think that clubs should always have a list of 5 managers that they review on a 6 monthly basis in case something happens. 

I think Southampton had or have that model, Les Reed wasn't it who did an interview all about it. I'd be surprised if most other clubs don't too.

Edit.. Wilyfox beat me to it!

Edited by spike1867

25 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

This is tiresome now.

It's sapped the excitement out of what would have been a good pre-season. Strudwick, Nice kits, positivite training camps, Rhodes scoring goals.

This whole manager situation and the lack of info from the club regarding the embargo has drained my enthusiasm levels.

Chin up fella, its just the Wednesday way. 

Looks like were trying to persuade Hughton, with Rowett back up. Not sure how long we give Hughton before it becomes embarrassingly desperate, but needs an appointment soon. I'd thought it would be done in time for the Espanyol game, but not looking likely. 

Seems it's going to be an out of work manager, not necessarily the best option and does restrict the talent pool, but it's DC's choice. 

21 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Southampton do. Les Reed said they always had a list of potentials ready for when the time came that Mo Po and Koeman left for bigger clubs. 

That's because Les Reed was the director of football and they have a full infrastructure in place. 

Call it a hunch, but I very much doubt that SWFC have anything like that. 

31 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I agree, but I think you are confusing our football club with a well run business.

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

This is tiresome now.

It's sapped the excitement out of what would have been a good pre-season. Strudwick, Nice kits, positivite training camps, Rhodes scoring goals.

This whole manager situation and the lack of info from the club regarding the embargo has drained my enthusiasm levels.

The lack of info from the club regarding the soft embargo is more to do with how the EFL operate rather than us simply not saying anything. I don't think they can say anything....hence the information has all come from the media and not through official channels. 

Haven’t articles mentioned that representatives have been meeting with candidates? Might have been in Biggsy’s article. No idea who that would be obviously but it’s pretty dramatic to think DC has just swanned off on holiday and sacked off finding a manager. It’s more concerning that we don’t have a known infrastructure.

Starting to think it’s going to be Hughton and DC is waiting on that. If not then it will be Rowett who is also waiting on Hughton.

1 hour ago, tarn owl said:

It will not be Rowett. Get ready for the next manager that will be down to short odds before drifting out again. I think Chansiri is just trying to get the right man and is taking his time. After all the Bruce saga i think he is not letting anything slip. Maybe he'll pull off a big coup. I think if Hughton will not come then he might sit tight with Bullen and wait.

He’ll have learned that the championship is unpredictable.

To make a push with the right man at the helm post Christmas is not that far fetched anymore.

Look what we did last season alone. 

I don’t think Bullen is a long term answer but he could keep it together until an appointment is made.

1 minute ago, slinger208b said:

What about until then...

1 minute ago, slinger208b said:

What about until then...

Leave him to do the coaching. Pointless giving him anything other than that. 

30 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Been there, done that, won't happen. 

Besides Carlos has a job. 

Carlos had a job,

But it wasn't what he dreamed of,

So he took the call from DC and made his way home,

He couldn't resist,

He just wanted mooooore,

Carlos is coming back,

Absolutely sure.

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1