Odds For The New Manager

I was trying to think about why the Hughton rumour wouldn't die. Is it right he's still getting paid by Brighton? (Not sure where I read that). If so, would taking another job end those payments? The payments on a level of a prem manager? If so, he could be taking a pay cut to take on a risky job with no guarantees and at the same time take himself out of the market for any prem jobs that come up around Christmas. Big decision.

23 minutes ago, axolotl said:

Was it this you saw, bud?

67284781_180425892962976_6419061501293756416_n.jpg

Chris Hughton is the correct spelling. If they can't spell his name right how much credibility do they have?

Serious question.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

I was trying to think about why the Hughton rumour wouldn't die. Is it right he's still getting paid by Brighton? (Not sure where I read that). If so, would taking another job end those payments? The payments on a level of a prem manager? If so, he could be taking a pay cut to take on a risky job with no guarantees and at the same time take himself out of the market for any prem jobs that come up around Christmas. Big decision.

Yes, he is on gardening leave and being paid by Brighton, but I read that he was 'only' on £525k p.a. so he could earn much more than that here, if DC was to pay him the same or more than Bruce. 

So I'm not sure that money is an issue in this case? 

Just now, Suzuki_San said:

Yes, he is on gardening leave and being paid by Brighton, but I read that he was 'only' on £525k p.a. so he could earn much more than that here, if DC was to pay him the same or more than Bruce. 

So I'm not sure that money is an issue in this case? 

Wow, that really is a ‘chips and gravy’ wage for a premiership manager. Money talks DC :Chansiri:

2 hours ago, Sticky belly said:

Wow, that really is a ‘chips and gravy’ wage for a premiership manager. Money talks DC.

Yep.  Was reported in The Express last year at the start of the season, so...he'd still be on that now, I assume, if he got sacked in May '19?  Not 100% though, as he may have had a 'don't get relegated' bonus, which he (ironically) achieved.   

Untitled.thumb.png.a3a5044b249115897d4dda2eee355bb3.png

• Thanks 1

Agent = Hey Chris, Sheffield Wednesday are looking for a new manager

Hughton = Not interested, I don't want to go back up north

Agent = Shame, they were paying Bruce 2 million a year

Hughton = What time's the next train to Sheffield?

• Haha 7

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.