Odds For The New Manager

9 minutes ago, Animis said:

The issue with being 'hands on' and wanting to control affairs directly, is you need the time and generally attendance at the work place to do it. I fear DC has neither and is seemingly unwilling to get a decent number 2/3 etc. to manage affairs whilst he's absent.

I've resigned myself to the fact we are going to be in that middle lane of football clubs for the foreseeable. 

Not well run, but not run as badly as the likes of Bolton and Bury etc. 

In this era of rogue owners I think we have to be content with the fact that DC will at least financially support us and engage with supporters. 

12 minutes ago, Animis said:

The issue with being 'hands on' and wanting to control affairs directly, is you need the time and generally attendance at the work place to do it. I fear DC has neither and is seemingly unwilling to get a decent number 2/3 etc. to manage affairs whilst he's absent.

Which probably explains why so many people behind the scenes have come and gone whilst DC has been here. 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

Perhaps he's taken a folder full of CV's with him to read, and maybe he understands how the internet and phone technology works and can "work" while he's away. I did it yesterday on a day off with my lad.

..and a manager wasn't appointed. See...it doesn't work. Slackers. 

You are all presuming he’s on holiday. Maybe the man he’s after is on holiday and rather than waiting for him to get back DC has flown out to tie up the deal. That would actmake more sense knowing what we do of DCs working arrangements 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

So, season starts in a week, transfer deadline in two, we're without a manager, squad imbalanced, and DC goes on holiday..? Awesome. 

How do we know he’s on holiday , more than likely it’s business , so what if he’s took his son I’m sure in the next couple of days it will all unfold 

Can’t believe some of these people have never heard of Skype/FaceTime, living out in Thailand a lot of interviews are done by video calls etc...... DC location as long as he has an internet connection won’t effect his ability to do business..... some people need to get a grip

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Thai_Owl said:

Can’t believe some of these people have never heard of Skype/FaceTime, living out in Thailand a lot of interviews are done by video calls etc...... DC location as long as he has an internet connection won’t effect his ability to do business..... some people need to get a grip

I think the heat is getting to some of you that would try and justify a turd. Name a football club that has recruited, appointed, and announced a manager via video call whilst the owner is away on holiday. Good luck. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, modboy said:

Who's actually running the club these days since Katrien left?

Skype and FaceTime apparently. 

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I think the heat is getting to some of you that would try and justify a turd. Name a football club that has recruited, appointed, and announced a manager via video call whilst the owner is away on holiday. Good luck. 

Not just video calls, managers fly to an owner. How many times meeting take place in London, not a specific area of the country. The point is DC doesn’t have to

be in sheffield for business to keep ticking.

yes like all id like a manager yesterday, but to say his travels are stopping an appointment is comical 

Edited by Thai_Owl
  • Thanks 1

I think by now we should have decided upon who we want to appoint. We knew Steve Bruce wanted to leave 2 weeks ago today, from that moment we should have been sorting out a replacement and by this point should be close to an appointment. 

No problem he’s on holiday, but no matter where he is in the world, the process should have moved a lot faster than it is doing. 

1 minute ago, Thai_Owl said:

Nit just video calls, managers fly to an owner. How many times meeting take place in London, not a specific area of the country. The point is DC doesn’t have to

yes like all is like a manager yesterday, but to say his travels are stopping an appointment is comical 

Hi Mr C.lol

• Haha 3

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Thai_Owl said:

Not just video calls, managers fly to an owner. How many times meeting take place in London, not a specific area of the country. The point is DC doesn’t have to

yes like all id like a manager yesterday, but to say his travels are stopping an appointment is comical 

History tells us that sod all happens when he's out the country. You can argue all ya like about what could, might, possibly, but it doesn't. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

History tells us that sod all happens when he's out the country. You can argue all ya like about what could, might, possibly, but it doesn't. 

Might be all agreed, new manager might be putting together a wishlist and all be announced when he's back? 

6 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

think by now we should have decided upon who we want to appoint. We knew Steve Bruce wanted to leave 2 weeks ago today, from that moment we should have been sorting out a replacement and by this point should be close to an appointment.  

Think he was tapped up nearly a month ago..maybe even earlier.

By not appointing a manager already doesn't mean we are not trying. Especially when the good ones say no thanks..

Unless you would prefer DC said oh foook it, set one on from the list..first un to turn up gets it.