BREAKING NEWS : STEVE BRUCE RESIGNS

4 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Would taking an injunction out against Bruce impact our ability to replace him? Im not greatly familiar with how it turned out at Palace.

Im a petty man. We’ll have that month back the spineless snake took from us. 

Apparently it could be seen as constructive dismissal if we do this. 

Just now, prowl said:

I seriously doubt it. Bruce has resigned, we refuse to accept it (presumably). He refuses to carry out his duties so we must find a replacement.

I've seen it mentioned as a pitfall, but you would hope the court would see that the danger is that, where a replacement is essential, to consider a replacement a constructive dismissal would be to reward contract breaking.

Bigger issue for me is if DC takes his bat and ball home and gives all this up as a bad job. Could totally understand why he would do that, but then we’d have an absentee chairman, and a ground we don’t own. 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I'd urge Chansiri to take the compensation package allegedly still on the table. We can't risk getting nothing from this and we could do without the hassle of an injunction.

Standing your ground is all well and good, but it can blow up in your face if you're not careful. 

Have you got any examples of how this can blow up in your face if you’re not careful with regards to football managers contracts, injunctions, compensation etc?

Edited by Sonny

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I'd urge Chansiri to take the compensation package allegedly still on the table. We can't risk getting nothing from this and we could do without the hassle of an injunction.

Standing your ground is all well and good, but it can blow up in your face if you're not careful. 

I'm inclined to agree. As much as we might want to drag Bruce across the coals we need to get this done and return full focus to our pre season. We can't go into the new season with this still rumbling on. Bruce and Ashley have shown themselves to be utter snakes, DC should take the moral high ground and strike a sensible deal so that we can move on. 

Just now, Sonny said:

Have you got any examples or how this can blow up in your face if you’re not careful with regards to football managers contracts, injunctions, compensation etc?

Well for example. Simon Jordan wanted 1m compo for Bruce in 2001, took out an injuction which dragged for a few months and ended up with half that amount.