BREAKING NEWS : STEVE BRUCE RESIGNS

9 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yeah but to be fair, your position was that he won’t be going because there is nothing in it. That’s already proven to be wrong. He might not go, sure, but that’s different.

I said  Steve Bruce will not become the next Newcastle manager . That was all.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Well for example. Simon Jordan wanted 1m compo for Bruce in 2001, took out an injuction which dragged for a few months and ended up with half that amount. 

half the 1m (if true) is twice the amount they originally offered £250k (again if true). 

Using our club as a stepping stone after the way we welcomed him, let him join and work on his own terms including bringing his staff and reshaping the squad is an absolute disgrace. Nobody is bigger than Sheffield Wednesday! Goodbye Bruce see you in the championship next season if you haven’t been sacked by Christmas 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Owlinmad said:

I said  Steve Bruce will not become the next Newcastle manager . That was all.

:tango:

Just now, Owling said:

The Star and Radio Sheffield just report what the club tells them. And 9 times out of 10 the club just say no comment or they've heard nothing. 

Joyce is a national journalist with better connections, he doesn't rely on the club for info so more than likely will have the inside scoop on things.

At the end of the day the Star and Radio Sheffield have to be careful what they report. If they upset the club, they may be denied access to press conferences, interviews etc which would impact hugely on their readership and viewership. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Sheffield Star still stating no change at Hillsborough .... Jos still in charge until they’re otherwise informed 

Hey, Doms off this week, which means we might actually get some factually accurate, and relevant reporting 

1 minute ago, Owling said:

At this point I’m not sure it matters. 

He’s been complicit and clearly played his part in trying to engineer a situation that absolutely screws us over and does the best for himself, all in favour of joining a club whose fans don’t want anything to do with him.

He could end up staying and take us up. He can still go and f*ck himself, for me.

So out of respect Wednesday allowed him to delay picking up his £2m a year contract so that he could spend some time with his family after a tough year personally.

Out of respect Bruce went and discussed the Newcastle job with Mike Ashley.

Out of respect he's resigned at Wednesday just 3 weeks before the start of the season after banging on about "compromise" just 2 days earlier.

The guy is a rat and I hope he falls flat on his face at Newcastle.

This could be a fantastic month for DC, after all the mistakes he seems to be learning and if any of this is true, how he's been handling this has EVERYONE on his side for once.

Solve the money probs (sort of) and deal with Bruce/Ashley as they deserve in the space of a couple of weeks. The feelgood factor for DC will at a high