Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I just don't see it.

If the reason he hasn't gone is simply down to money, then I suspect the relationship is beyond salvagable.

We all know Chansiri is a stickler for loyalty, perhaps too much at times.

Think your making to many assumptions in that post.  There are to many rumours and untruths knocking around to make any sense of the whole issue.

Time will tell I guess.

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You just get the sense that Ashley and Bruce and co thought they could strongarm us into letting him go.

Offer us a pittance and Bruce can go up to Tyneside for his *dream* job. The cynic in me suggests Bruce knows the job is a poisoned chalice, but it would be a nice way of topping up the retirement fund if/when he gets the sack. 

What they didn't count on is the fact our owner is batshit mad. 

We do need a resolution ASAP though. Either he goes, resigns or comes out today and says he considered the job but wants to stay here. Personally, I don't really see how he can stay at S6 now and be successful, but who knows. 

Knowing our luck he'd see out the remainder of his contract with us, believed to be 6 months left. The  leave us in the middle of the season for free and for nothing. Newcastle will just about be coming round to needing a new manager by then and he joins them in January. 

After Bruce's Manchester meeting with him, Charnley presented Chansiri with an open goal even he can't miss.

But that's not Ashley who is a ruthless spiv - girls giving birth in his warehouse toilets - but has built a billion pound business from nothing.

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You just get the sense that Ashley and Bruce and co thought they could strongarm us into letting him go.

Offer us a pittance and Bruce can go up to Tyneside for his *dream* job. The cynic in me suggests Bruce knows the job is a poisoned chalice, but it would be a nice way of topping up the retirement fund if/when he gets the sack. 

What they didn't count on is the fact our owner is batshit mad. 

We do need a resolution ASAP though. Either he goes, resigns or comes out today and says he considered the job but wants to stay here. Personally, I don't really see how he can stay at S6 now and be successful, but who knows. 

Football fans are very fickle

FF was the devil after the Norwich no show. 2 weeks later everyone’s chanting his name again

Personally I hope he leaves but you never know

5 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Proper set of whinging fannies aren’t they 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/first-rafa-perez-now-bruce-16576752

a few subtle digs at Wednesday in there too

The self entitlement in Newcastle is amazing. I used to love living up there because the whole City were moaning each and every week. Even sweeter that we beat them all 3 times we played them whilst I lived there. Deluded City. 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

The self entitlement in Newcastle is amazing. I used to love living up there because the whole City were moaning each and every week. Even sweeter that we beat them all 3 times we played them whilst I lived there. Deluded City. 

Sunderland fans are the same, proper set of drama queens 

3 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Proper set of whinging fannies aren’t they 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/first-rafa-perez-now-bruce-16576752

a few subtle digs at Wednesday in there too

I said yesterday this would be the next tactic. Newcastle will now start spreading stories, in an attempt to unsettle the situation further, and force Wednesday’s hand. 

What they haven’t factored in is DC, the current World Champion at Stubborn. 

48 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

There is quite a hefty part of me that doesn't like what we are doing. Everybody seems to be jumping on the bandwagon about taking Ashley for everything we can and the chairman's stance but there are two ways to look at this. If you remove your Sheffield Wednesday spectacles, it could be said that Bruce is only choosing to manage at a club with a higher profile in a higher league. Bruce is not like Carlos or Jos in one respect. Bruce is an influential guy in a game that I suspect is full of cliques and circles. 

I don't know for certain but I suspect for obvious reasons that guys like Lampard and Solksjaer (among countless others) will be among Bruce's circle of friends and peers in the game. It may impact on our ability to get the best new manager and future signings if they decide to side with Bruce on this one.

If Bruce is going, which it certainly looks as if he is, it would be better all round in the long run if it were an amicable departure. Trying to price him out of his "dream" move might not be the most expedient thing to do. Agree a reasonable compo package and stick with it could it certainly could cost considerably more later holding out for an extra million or two. The compensation packages being quoted are frankly ridiculous.

Absolute twaddle.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Personally I hope he leaves but you never know

For me, he needs to go one way or another.

You've got to think the whole saga has caused irreparable damage to his relationship with the chairman, sections of the fanbase and probably the players too.

He wants out - the only reason he remains is because of a haggle over compensation. 

Yeah, Nando pulled that daft stunt a few years back...but I think having your manager actively wanting to leave is more damaging. 

If you’d have told me last week the majority of the fan base would be wanting Bruce out I would never have believed you. Best manager we have had for so so long. Unfortunately now I think the damage has been done and the best thing for everyone is if he left. Gutted it has come to this as I really believe he would have taken us back to the Premiership, Bruce is everything we have wanted for so long in a manager, except loyal it seems. So important we now get the right man in to take us forward, not Bullen or the Steve’s, someone like Bruce to really take us forward. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

For me, he needs to go one way or another.

You've got to think the whole saga has caused irreparable damage to his relationship with the chairman, sections of the fanbase and probably the players too.

He wants out - the only reason he remains is because of a haggle over compensation. 

Yeah, Nando pulled that daft stunt a few years back...but I think having your manager actively wanting to leave is more damaging. 

I’d wait before we know the full story before hounding Bruce out. Just saying. Neither the club or Newcastle have commented. The signs don’t look good I agree, but all we are going on at the moment is media speculation and twitter journos. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Same

In an ideal world, he comes out and says it's all media speculation and he has no intention of leaving.

Realistically, that probably isn't going to happen.

If he's had his head turned then he needs to be moved on, one way or another imo. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d wait before we know the full story before hounding Bruce out. Just saying. Neither the club or Newcastle have commented. The signs don’t look good I agree, but all we are going on at the moment is media speculation and twitter journos. 

What are you waiting for? Forget what you’ve read or heard and just think about it.  The silence from Bruce is deafening. DC hasn’t been able to issue a denial because it’s happening. All he can do is fight tooth and nail for an outcome that mitigates the damage it will do to us in the short term. 

Edited by Morepork