Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

at the end of the day, I do believe anyone I see, or have seen kissing a badge is generally a mercenary [with the exception of megson whom I felt was genuine].

having said that how many of us would turn down a job offer that pays us 300/400% more that our present salary? I know I wouldn't.

IF new owners come in and don't like him, or it goes titsup by halloween, he'll get a hefty payoff, and then if he wishes could return to championship football or not.

time to get 'adequate' (taking into account the amount of disruption at this time of the season) compensation, and move onto the next man, hopefully better, not necessarily any more loyal when money speaks. 

The offer o Bruce is not much more than he is getting here. It was widely reported he was on £2 million a year at Wednesday. Benitez was on £6 million a year and Bruce was reportedly costing less than half his salary. I accept £750,000 or slightly more a year is a good rise but it comes with a lot more grief than Wednesday job. Another factor is his assistants who are much younger than Bruce, they are both intelligent guys so will know they are going into a pressure cooker and it may not last long. For them to move they would need substantial uplift in salary o make them move from what in football terms is relatively secure number. I actually am certain Newcastle press and club thought cheap option and thought they could get away with paying next to nowt for our entire management team. The have now had rude awakening and after raising their own and some others expectations are hoping for Chansiri to fold. I sincerely hope he sticks to his guns does not drop compensation one penny and the longer it goes on raises compensation as it makes our task of doing well even harder. Ashley the bully may have found someone who sticks up to him if so will be good for football as PL needs milking for as much cash as possible by EFL clubs.

• Like 1

Personally think he should have been placed on the old gardening leave until this is all sorted one way or another. Don’t think it’s right him being in charge of the team when the chances are he will be off in the next day or so. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Just now, sherlyegg said:

Eh...? What the fooook do you want him to do. sort the geordies out, give bruce a slap and find a new manager 25minutes

Yeah I do... slap him up with a giant tuna and say.. Oi Brucie baby, sort it out.. you come or going or what. I've given you 2 millions pounds, don't disrespect me... ok thanks.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally think he should have been placed on the old gardening leave until this is all sorted one way or another. Don’t think it’s right him being in charge of the team when the chances are he will be off in the next day or so. 

Have to agree.

If he wants out, then it is just not going to work. 

i'm now convinced this is all setup by the club. Ever since Doom decided to post FAKE news about Thornley in Portugal the guys been outside the "Circle of trust". Got to be an inside joke to see how much they can screw with the media now :).

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Why not travel on the coach? Probably just come from bumming Ashley. I don’t mean that I’m just pi$$ed off. Perhaps they’ve done it so he can sneak in the back door and avoid the media. 

Sensible for him and his management team to go by car, that way they can make a quick getaway to Stocksbridge I would have thought. Making sure he’s at both games, so looks committed for now anyway