Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

4 hours ago, marcx666 said:

No, I said I'd trust him over some bloke off twitter because he does it for a living and in the years I've known him has never been wrong, But you carry on making stuff up to fit your own agenda, again I notice you ignore the fact that MK tagged you and called you out AGAIN to explain why you are wrong. Sleep well sweetcheeks, dream of Kieran

When did he tag me show me the post lol

This is the original first post I made

23 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

"There's some rumours the cash for the sale of stadium never arrived at the club that it was all on paper where as derby etc all showed hard cash in the bank. Everyone is saying it's gonna be fine but this is Wednesday so I fully expect a 500 point deduction and 10 year embargo with Jos and Carlos co managers on rolling one week contracts"

This is mk owl talking about the same article I am

Everything is the same, apart from mkowl believes our accounts show 7.5mil within a year, nite the first line of what he says, I will admit to saying "hard cash" but that was referring to the fast the account show the cash, the paper tail whatever you want to call it, not that it was paid for in cash are you really that stupid ffs..anyway that's besides the point, that's not what this little poo show was about it was about where we showed any paper trails or not, which we don't fully, and that villa and derby do, which they do lol

Mkowl  Posted yesterday at 21:35

"True that the cash was not received as the year end date.

The accounts imply 7.5m will be received within one year and the rest after that. 

Would have to re-look at the Derby accounts, not seen Villas

Right that it does not say who has bought it, just a related party has.

It's a guess but the thought is the delay was because the EFL have reviewed it. But the accounts are the accounts they aren't approved by the EFL per se"    

You tell me where I am wrong and where mkowl differs from my post lol..

You all sides with a guy cos he had a high reputation than me lmao, this has been fun guys, keep the reply coming in :biggrin:

Edited by keepitsteel89

Exactly. I've been told a number of times that he has gone and it's been confirmed on twitter... No he hasn't. Newcastle have spoke to him and he's said he'd Iike to go if the deal can be done.

If the deal can't be done he'll still be wednesday manager, and all the keyboard warriors will have to go through the season hating Bruce for proving them wrong.

Twitter is just a megaphone for people who know phook all.

• Thanks 1

If Newcastle have spoken to him, without Chansiri's consent . 

Then that 5 million compensation is now 10 million.

Infact just give us that 30 million you got for Ayoze Perez and we'll throw in 2 x Gold Membership cards and booklet of vouchers

Edited by bigash_swfc

53 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

And if you read the star article in question again, everything it says is correct:biggrin:

Apart from the bit about our stadium sale not being fully in the accounts or Derby getting "cash in immediately" for theirs.

I'm not going to keep arguing about this, it's pointless but we are owed £38m for Hillsborough, it's in the accounts. £7.5m due within 1 year, the rest after more than 1 year. Derby are owed £60m for Pride Park. These figures are shown in both sets of accounts but the Star article implies that our stadium sale has been dealt with differently to Derby's. It just hasn't, it's all there in black and white on the accounts.

MKowl said that £7.5m was due within a year for the stadium sale, in that particular post you quoted, he didn't happen to mention the other £30m due after 1 year. Not because it's not there, just because he didn't mention it.

41 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Apart from the bit about our stadium sale not being fully in the accounts or Derby getting "cash in immediately" for theirs.

I'm not going to keep arguing about this, it's pointless but we are owed £38m for Hillsborough, it's in the accounts. £7.5m due within 1 year, the rest after more than 1 year. Derby are owed £60m for Pride Park. These figures are shown in both sets of accounts but the Star article implies that our stadium sale has been dealt with differently to Derby's. It just hasn't, it's all there in black and white on the accounts.

MKowl said that £7.5m was due within a year for the stadium sale, in that particular post you quoted, he didn't happen to mention the other £30m due after 1 year. Not because it's not there, just because he didn't mention it.

My mistake, we are owed £60m for the sale of the stadium (£38m was the profit on the sale). £7.5m within a year, £52.5m after more than 1 year.

Screenshot_20190713-064039_Dropbox.jpg

59 minutes ago, MrEdwards said:

Exactly. I've been told a number of times that he has gone and it's been confirmed on twitter... No he hasn't. Newcastle have spoke to him and he's said he'd Iike to go if the deal can be done.

If the deal can't be done he'll still be wednesday manager, and all the keyboard warriors will have to go through the season hating Bruce for proving them wrong.

Twitter is just a megaphone for people who know phook all.

Do you actually know all they for sure, or is that your best guess of the situation? 

Guest The Horse
26 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So dull having to scroll past this argument about the accounts. Can’t you bicker about it in a more relevant thread? 

Indeed. This was great fun and drama until the bean counters turned up.

Take it into this thread please:

8 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

How about a cheeky bid for Benitez?

Not that it would happen, and not that I actually think he is a good manager, but imagine getting Benitez with Newcastle’s compensation. That would make my year.

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
42 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So dull having to scroll past this argument about the accounts. Can’t you bicker about it in a more relevant thread? 

Don't blame me most of my really dull stuff is in that thread 

Just now, mkowl said:

Don't blame me most of my really dull stuff is in that thread 

I like the accounts thread, I’m interested, but you need to be ready for the content. You’re always ready but numbers can hurt mere mortals when you’re just hoping for Bruce news/jokes. 

Guest mkowl
Just now, Sonny said:

I like the accounts thread, I’m interested, but you need to be ready for the content. You’re always ready but numbers can hurt mere mortals when you’re just hoping for Bruce news/jokes. 

I was just responding to a financial point someone made - tbh sometimes you forget which thread you are actually in on here.

But yep i don't disagree on keeping it relevant. 

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, zico.b said:

Not having that MK.

Once the accounts were published I said  to a colleague 'Not reading it until MK has summarised it'.

You accountants get a bad rap - You're not boring, just exacting.

Self deprecation mate

I do my job, it's never going to be rock n roll