Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

So, allegedly DC wants 4.5m for Bruce and 1.5m for his assistants.

Ashley's next move could be...OK, kin ell, I'll pay 4M for Bruce, you can keep his mates.

What ya gonna do now Yogi :biggrin:

That will be SB dilemma then 

I hold absolutely no grudge to Bruce. I completely understand why he would want to move to Newcastle. But it doesn’t just mean we as a club should bend over. Chansiri is asking for a very reasonable £5m compensation, I just hope the move gets sorted fast now and that Chansiri has Hughton on speed dial and let’s move on quickly and efficiently from this saga. 

3 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

FE02EFCF-D5D9-42F8-A224-08FF14105C24.jpeg

Ah see, the bloke's ruined it now

Your genuine "ITK-er types" would never give out that much detail. Remember that whole trick to spot a liar is to see if they add lots of detail at certain points, but the detail doesn't add to the story being told? Yep.

11 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

I hold absolutely no grudge to Bruce. I completely understand why he would want to move to Newcastle. But it doesn’t just mean we as a club should bend over. Chansiri is asking for a very reasonable £5m compensation, I just hope the move gets sorted fast now and that Chansiri has Hughton on speed dial and let’s move on quickly and efficiently from this saga. 

Is it very reasonable though when you consider Sarri went to Juventus for the same.

No manager will move from the championship again for such a large sum if he goes.

Its only because we pay him so much that we can demand so much.

What I am saying is to receive 5m compensation as a championship club for a manager that's been there 6 months is astonishing.

Edited by pazowl55

12 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Is it very reasonable though when you consider Sarri went to Juventus for the same.

No manager will move from the championship again for such a large sum if he goes.

What I am saying is to receive 5m compensation as a championship club for a manager that's been there 6 months is astonishing.

Chelsea got £4m for Lampard after 12 months. It’s not that excessive. 

You’ve got to take everything being suggested with a pinch of salt 

However, iIF SB is not happy with Chansiri’s not unreasonable request of 6 million for SB and his assistants (which is not unreasonable given that the premier league clubs pay that for a spotty 17 year old whose scored 3 goals in league one) then his contract (which he willingly signed) should have stated differently.  

Fair play for DC giving it the old 

E5298AC9-AE54-4146-98B1-7AD4309A75F6.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

From memory compensation tends to be rather insignificant amounts, even with high profile protagonists.

Examples of known managerial compensation in similar circumstances?

Lampard to Chelsea, 4 mill, not including backroom staff

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The difference in that is that Chelsea wanted rid of their manager and would probably have paid him off had nobody wanted to take him on this summer so £5M was a bonus

8 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Chelsea got £4m for Lampard after 12 months. It’s not that excessive. 

Indeed, a manager with only 12 months total management experience, no success and no premier league managerial experience.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The difference in that is that Chelsea wanted rid of their manager and would probably have paid him off had nobody wanted to take him on this summer so £5M was a bonus

Indeed, a manager with only 12 months total management experience, no success and no premier league managerial experience.

Lampard to Chelsea is a bit of a exception to the rule. They wanted him and only him. 

No other club were paying 4m for him.

If we get 5m for Bruce out of all this we done ok.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Lampard to Chelsea is a bit of a exception to the rule. They wanted him and only him. 

If Newcastle don't want to stump up for Bruce DC can tell them where to go.

We may not get £5M but it's nice to see we aren't bending over and wilting to their call.

Edited by Guest

Walking the dogs, thinking about our managerial options once MA agrees to apply the lube and lets DC be top dog for 3 seconds........

I don’t want to dwell on negatives, McClaren would break me, for a very long time. Fortunately, DC wiser than that these days.

Chris Hughton, be like a straight swap, quality appointment, not sure it’s realistic though.

Beyond that, I’d prefer to see us give a chance to someone up and coming. Someone who’d show us a bit more respect and see us for the opportunity we are. One or two options exist in the lower leagues. 

Accepted that anyone with talent and any kind of success here would ultimately be a target for bigger fish. However, 2-3 seasons of growth under an exciting young coach would be a breath of fresh air.

Edited by Morepork

Guest gizowl
5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I think Newcastle have run out of options, it's Bruce or bust, all better options have turned it down, all DC is asking for is the terms of release in his and his staffs contracts and rightly DC is insisting that scallywag Ashley pays up, in the meantime hopefully plotting a move for our next manager, Hughton hopefully or Stendal and we can move on. 

Stendal, Paul cook, jose mourinho, 

Id take any of them 3. 

Or that little man whos southgates no'2. Id av im n all. 

Dont want hughton or terry or avb or any of dem crap ones trotted out like rowett or monk. Nor that aidy fella that embarrassed the nation wiv de u21s.

Has loovens took his badges yet? 

Int many good uns about is there. Lets give it to a rookie for a laugh.. that leroy rosenior guy has lots of refreshing stuff to say. Just giv it him for a month, c how he goes. If he does crap get guru in for a month till loovens gets his badges n that init. 

Sorrrted perrrryyyy.

10 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Of course it's Bruce's decision but Chansiri's  broken promises and daft player valuations didn't help. 

Hector should be here by now, not on his way to Fulham.

Mental post on every level.

4 hours ago, Morepork said:

When everyone around you is a fool, it’s time for some inward reflection.

Not everyone pal just a few people on here lol, everything I said was correct, read the posts, sheep side with the guy they assume to be bigger in this case it's reputation on the site, not one of you can show me anything to say I am wrong.. I've found it all really amusin if I'm being honest lol