Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

2 hours ago, MrEdwards said:

Exactly. I've been told a number of times that he has gone and it's been confirmed on twitter... No he hasn't. Newcastle have spoke to him and he's said he'd Iike to go if the deal can be done.

If the deal can't be done he'll still be wednesday manager, and all the keyboard warriors will have to go through the season hating Bruce for proving them wrong.

Twitter is just a megaphone for people who know phook all.

It is isn’t it. There is a lot of misinformation and some of the compo claims are ridiculous.

He is going to go to Newcastle though and the focus now should be on a new manager 

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I just can’t get too concerned about Bruce leaving. Perhaps I’m just becoming immune to this sh ite after all these years?

Might have said this somewhere before this is just another chapter in my not yet written book "Wednesday FFS". 

I reckon that will be my retirement challenge - so given my pension saving or lack thereof - I reckon I will have another 20 years of material by then. Or 1000 new players, 10 different managers and 4 new owners.

6 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

For all concerned I hope this morning Newcastle have agreed to pay what DC wants and Bruce is on his way.

Least we can move on and get the ball rolling in getting either Hughton or Stendel next week!

Agree with that. Not sure about Stendel but we need to move on and get the new man in ASAP. Can’t afford to wait around with this when the season is so close. 

1 hour ago, newbster said:

Didn't jody Morris follow lampard back to Chelsea from derby

Tony Strudwick will too.. 

Once he gets his cardboard packing boxes back he's chucked away ......

Garbage-Dustman-Gifs-Funny-Gif.gif.cdf5312daf5e75d1a99342bf4c671468.gif

Don't rate HIS Performance really ...

Not even done his week in hand yet FFS ..

lol

• Haha 1

It’s pretty clear Bruce thought he’d be well out of here before yesterday’s training and today’s game. There’s a small part of me that’s enjoying the discomfort that he must be feeling. Its immature but I can’t help it. :Sid:

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 2

I think today we need to lay off bruce at Lincoln(if he actually there) at min we don't know how much he is at fault, we know Newcastle are and the way they conduct business . but he does need to open his mouth and say something today otherwise it becomes a farce and the players wont put up with it , either he announces today he is staying or he leaves ,this cant drag on past this weekend. I will save my abuse for bruce if we get Newcastle in the cup ,you just know that will happen 2. 

Just now, Morepork said:

It’s pretty clear Bruce thought he’d be well out of here before yesterday’s training and today’s game. There’s a small part of me that’s enjoying the discomfort that he must be feeling. I can’t help it.

There is quite a hefty part of me that doesn't like what we are doing. Everybody seems to be jumping on the bandwagon about taking Ashley for everything we can and the chairman's stance but there are two ways to look at this. If you remove your Sheffield Wednesday spectacles, it could be said that Bruce is only choosing to manage at a club with a higher profile in a higher league. Bruce is not like Carlos or Jos in one respect. Bruce is an influential guy in a game that I suspect is full of cliques and circles. 

I don't know for certain but I suspect for obvious reasons that guys like Lampard and Solksjaer (among countless others) will be among Bruce's circle of friends and peers in the game. It may impact on our ability to get the best new manager and future signings if they decide to side with Bruce on this one.

If Bruce is going, which it certainly looks as if he is, it would be better all round in the long run if it were an amicable departure. Trying to price him out of his "dream" move might not be the most expedient thing to do. Agree a reasonable compo package and stick with it could it certainly could cost considerably more later holding out for an extra million or two. The compensation packages being quoted are frankly ridiculous.

Most likely outcome currently is a standoff between MA and DC.

Not good for either club. We will have a manager who doesn't want to be here any more , his relationship with the chairman broken down.

Edited by Beholder

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

There is quite a hefty part of me that doesn't like what we are doing. Everybody seems to be jumping on the bandwagon about taking Ashley for everything we can and the chairman's stance but there are two ways to look at this. If you remove your Sheffield Wednesday spectacles, it could be said that Bruce is only choosing to manage at a club with a higher profile in a higher league. Bruce is not like Carlos or Jos in one respect. Bruce is an influential guy in a game that I suspect is full of cliques and circles. 

I don't know for certain but I suspect for obvious reasons that guys like Lampard and Solksjaer (among countless others) will be among Bruce's circle of friends and peers in the game. It may impact on our ability to get the best new manager and future signings if they decide to side with Bruce on this one.

If Bruce is going, which it certainly looks as if he is, it would be better all round in the long run if it were an amicable departure. Trying to price him out of his "dream" move might not be the most expedient thing to do. Agree a reasonable compo package and stick with it could it certainly could cost considerably more later holding out for an extra million or two. The compensation packages being quoted are frankly ridiculous.

But we dont know what the compensation package/release clause written into Bruce's contract is. Perhaps Chansiri is asking for what Bruce agreed to when he signed? And Newcastle/Bruce are looking to strong arm because we're a little old Championship club.

If it is the 1M originally speculated by SSN, if Newcastle offered that we would have to accept it, whether we want 6 or 60M.

If it's the ~£6M we are asking for, then Chansiri is bang on by asking for that. 

I am sick of this club rolling over to have its belly tickled. Ashley either pays up or moves on, and Bruce has to accept either outcome. Couldn't give a throw if Lampard et al dont like it.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I just can’t get too concerned about Bruce leaving. Perhaps I’m just becoming immune to this sh ite after all these years?

I feel the same 

I’ll let out a sigh of whatever, but over the past few years my concern levels just aren’t what they used to be, used to the poo and just generally not as bothered anymore, much more important things in life

Edited by FreshOwl

1 minute ago, axolotl said:

But we dont know what the compensation package/release clause written into Bruce's contract is. Perhaps Chansiri is asking for what Bruce agreed to when he signed? And Newcastle/Bruce are looking to strong arm because we're a little old Championship club.

If it is the 1M originally speculated by SSN, if Newcastle offered that we would have to accept it, whether we want 6 or 60M.

If it's the ~£6M we are asking for, then Chansiri is bang on by asking for that. 

I am sick of this club rolling over to have its belly tickled. Ashley either pays up or moves on, and Bruce has to accept either outcome. Couldn't give a throw if Lampard et al dont like it.

I am talking about a reasonable compromise that does not give the impression that Bruce is deliberately being priced out of the job. Bruce and mates will realise that Wednesday are entitled to something but some of the figures quoted are absurd. Sometimes a little common sense needs to come into the equation. We can replace Bruce but we cannot afford to make too many enemies along the way. The future of the club now relies on obtaining quality loan signings. I would prefer not to mess that up for the sake of a couple of million.

14 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Just now, pressy said:

He's our manager and backroom staff   just pay what we want or f###k right off    what did Derby get for Lampard  around £4m     im sick of this club being a soft touch    well done Chansiri 

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
3 minutes ago, zico.b said:

Would love to have a listen in on Chansiri/Ashley phone call(s).

Think you would need a few interpreters.

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

Think you would need a few interpreters.

Yep I can never understand a Geordie

10 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I disagree, we should be compensated heavily in this instance. Bruce has signed 3 players that may not fit into a new manager's plans/style, let's say they are on 10k a week over 2 years, that's 3M in wages we are down if we cant move them on, what about palmer and lee, another few million in wages at least, then theres all the back room staff that if Ashley won't pay for, we will have to pay off if new manager doesn't want. It all adds up and its through no fault of ours. If Lampards going for 4M and Chelsea are getting 5M for a manager they wanted rid of, then Ashley's getting a bargain in my view and Chansiri does right.