Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

5 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I am talking about a reasonable compromise that does not give the impression that Bruce is deliberately being priced out of the job. Bruce and mates will realise that Wednesday are entitled to something but some of the figures quoted are absurd. Sometimes a little common sense needs to come into the equation. We can replace Bruce but we cannot afford to make too many enemies along the way. The future of the club now relies on obtaining quality loan signings. I would prefer not to mess that up for the sake of a couple of million.

Thats just rubbish 

The people who make the decisions at other clubs won't give a flying feck about our spat with Bruce and certainly not Ashley . 

Feckem all Mr C 

18 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

There is quite a hefty part of me that doesn't like what we are doing. Everybody seems to be jumping on the bandwagon about taking Ashley for everything we can and the chairman's stance but there are two ways to look at this. If you remove your Sheffield Wednesday spectacles, it could be said that Bruce is only choosing to manage at a club with a higher profile in a higher league. Bruce is not like Carlos or Jos in one respect. Bruce is an influential guy in a game that I suspect is full of cliques and circles. 

I don't know for certain but I suspect for obvious reasons that guys like Lampard and Solksjaer (among countless others) will be among Bruce's circle of friends and peers in the game. It may impact on our ability to get the best new manager and future signings if they decide to side with Bruce on this one.

If Bruce is going, which it certainly looks as if he is, it would be better all round in the long run if it were an amicable departure. Trying to price him out of his "dream" move might not be the most expedient thing to do. Agree a reasonable compo package and stick with it could it certainly could cost considerably more later holding out for an extra million or two. The compensation packages being quoted are frankly ridiculous.

Ashley is a snake who has never paid compo for any manager he will treat our club like some sweat shop where he makes his clothes ,he might have othered 1 months wages for all we know . Lampard went for 4 million to me that is the correct figure , chansiri is telling him straight put up or shut up, all there cheap talk though the media is laughable , who conducts business this way? if bruce wants to resign without pay for 12 months id be fine about that , id be telling him derby got 4 million we want 4 million ,if your not happy about that theres the door 

19 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

There is quite a hefty part of me that doesn't like what we are doing. Everybody seems to be jumping on the bandwagon about taking Ashley for everything we can and the chairman's stance but there are two ways to look at this. If you remove your Sheffield Wednesday spectacles, it could be said that Bruce is only choosing to manage at a club with a higher profile in a higher league. Bruce is not like Carlos or Jos in one respect. Bruce is an influential guy in a game that I suspect is full of cliques and circles. 

I don't know for certain but I suspect for obvious reasons that guys like Lampard and Solksjaer (among countless others) will be among Bruce's circle of friends and peers in the game. It may impact on our ability to get the best new manager and future signings if they decide to side with Bruce on this one.

If Bruce is going, which it certainly looks as if he is, it would be better all round in the long run if it were an amicable departure. Trying to price him out of his "dream" move might not be the most expedient thing to do. Agree a reasonable compo package and stick with it could it certainly could cost considerably more later holding out for an extra million or two. The compensation packages being quoted are frankly ridiculous.

Absolutely the opposite mate!

If they want to take our manager and entire back room staff 3 weeks before the start of a season where we hope to be joining them they can shell out every penny of their obscene PL riches due to us under the terms of the contracts held by the 3 individuals or they can just fcukoff elsewhere!

Absolutely well done DC!!!

Just now, handworth52 said:

Ashley is a snake who has never paid compo for any manager he will treat our club like some sweat shop where he makes his clothes ,he might have othered 1 months wages for all we know . Lampard went for 4 million to me that is the correct figure , chansiri is telling him straight put up or shut up, all there cheap talk though the media is laughable , who conducts business this way? if bruce wants to resign without pay for 12 months id be fine about that , id be telling him derby got 4 million we want 4 million ,if your not happy about that theres the door 

Folk keep quoting Ashley. That is not what I said. I alluded to people in the game who are more or less Bruce's peer group siding with him if they believe he is being deliberately priced out of the move. What Ashley has to pay is a side issue.

I am as just about as much an anti Chansiri person as you can be. The list of things I think he has done wrong and the negative impact he has had on the club mean I have very little time for him.

If however, his legendary stubbornness is used to get every penny out of Ashley that we are due, I will salute him.

Guest gizowl
7 minutes ago, pressy said:

He's our manager and backroom staff   just pay what we want or f###k right off    what did Derby get for Lampard  around £4m     im sick of this club being a soft touch    well done Chansiri 

Bang on, Chelsea did it the proper way, asked to speak Lampard and agreed to pay due compensation, but Ashley's just a classless skanker.

Why are we assuming that DC and Bruce have fallen out and cannot work together in the future?  If it was agreed that a "bigger" club came in for him then he was allowed to at least hear what they had to offer.  

Who wouldn't of us listen to another offer?  If it wasn't to our liken you carry on as before.

No reason at all why Bruce and DC can't carry on as before.  Just have to be professional.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

If there is a get out clause and it's 4 million then that's what should be paid..he must have agreed to it same as Mr Chansiri agreed to his wages...can't believe you want to let Newcastle walk all over us pathetic...Lampard 4 mill no arguements...what's the difference please explain...

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Folk keep quoting Ashley. That is not what I said. I alluded to people in the game who are more or less Bruce's peer group siding with him if they believe he is being deliberately priced out of the move. What Ashley has to pay is a side issue.

That's just complete guff and you know it. Are you saying no one will entertain us if we upset Bruce. What if new managers also got good contacts? It's not a closed shop run by a clique, theres an whole world of football out there to deal with.

You just get the sense that Ashley and Bruce and co thought they could strongarm us into letting him go.

Offer us a pittance and Bruce can go up to Tyneside for his *dream* job. The cynic in me suggests Bruce knows the job is a poisoned chalice, but it would be a nice way of topping up the retirement fund if/when he gets the sack. 

What they didn't count on is the fact our owner is batshit mad. 

We do need a resolution ASAP though. Either he goes, resigns or comes out today and says he considered the job but wants to stay here. Personally, I don't really see how he can stay at S6 now and be successful, but who knows. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kazads said:

If there is a get out clause and it's 4 million then that's what should be paid..he must have agreed to it same as Mr Chansiri agreed to his wages...can't believe you want to let Newcastle walk all over us pathetic...Lampard 4 mill no arguements...what's the difference please explain...

Again, I never said anywhere that Newcastle should walk all over us. Bruce is going. Find the solution that best suits all parties and move on such that the next guy in charge is not affected by the situation.

31 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

If the compensation figures being quoted are in the contracts they should be honoured. Likewise, when we inevitably poach our next manager we should honour his if he has any. 

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

That's it then.. Let's roll over and have our belly tickled! If there is a clause in his contract that is say 5m  why should we take anything less?  If he's the man they want then they have to pay.  Fed up with the arrogance of some of these prem clubs 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

Why are we assuming that DC and Bruce have fallen out and cannot work together in the future?  If it was agreed that a "bigger" club came in for him then he was allowed to at least hear what they had to offer.  

Who wouldn't of us listen to another offer?  If it wasn't to our liken you carry on as before.

No reason at all why Bruce and DC can't carry on as before.  Just have to be professional.  

I just don't see it.

If the reason he hasn't gone is simply down to money, then I suspect the relationship is beyond salvagable.

We all know Chansiri is a stickler for loyalty, perhaps too much at times.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

You just get the sense that Ashley and Bruce and co thought they could strongarm us into letting him go.

Offer us a pittance and Bruce can go up to Tyneside for his *dream* job. The cynic in me suggests Bruce knows the job is a poisoned chalice, but it would be a nice way of topping up the retirement fund if/when he gets the sack. 

What they didn't count on is the fact our owner is batshit mad. 

We do need a resolution ASAP though. Either he goes, resigns or comes out today and says he considered the job but wants to stay here. Personally, I don't really see how he can stay at S6 now and be successful, but who knows. 

:Chansiri: :Sid:

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

Again, I never said anywhere that Newcastle should walk all over us. Bruce is going. Find the solution that best suits all parties and move on such that the next guy in charge is not affected by the situation.

The solution is do what Chelsea did pay the get out clause ...Bruce knew what it was Ashley does now it's up to him 

3 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I believe that if they had a fall out, DC would have thrown Bruce already out of the inner circle and banned him from daily operations. And it's very much true that the network inside the whole business is so important that you need to be professional no matter what happens behind the scenes. You never know who you are going to work with in the future.

10 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I am as just about as much an anti Chansiri person as you can be. The list of things I think he has done wrong and the negative impact he has had on the club mean I have very little time for him.

If however, his legendary stubbornness is used to get every penny out of Ashley that we are due, I will salute him.

Aye. fizz em, When Wednesdayites are paying the ridiculous POTG prices set by DC then keep the same ridiculous ethos going with respect to the valuation of our manager.

Edited by Walt