Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

7 minutes ago, darklord said:

I don't want him to leave. 

Agreed...but we have to be realistic, if Bruce really wants to leave after making plans for this season then perhaps he wasn't the man we wanted. If Newcastle were bottom at Xmas then how damaging would it be for them to go for Bruce then especially if we were in the top six.

24 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Compo gone up to 12mil yet? 

Can just imagine DC in negotiations..... "compo goes up £1m every hour you procrastinate....

Tick-tock Michael..... Tick-tock........"

:Chansiri:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

There is quite a hefty part of me that doesn't like what we are doing. Everybody seems to be jumping on the bandwagon about taking Ashley for everything we can and the chairman's stance but there are two ways to look at this. If you remove your Sheffield Wednesday spectacles, it could be said that Bruce is only choosing to manage at a club with a higher profile in a higher league. Bruce is not like Carlos or Jos in one respect. Bruce is an influential guy in a game that I suspect is full of cliques and circles. 

I don't know for certain but I suspect for obvious reasons that guys like Lampard and Solksjaer (among countless others) will be among Bruce's circle of friends and peers in the game. It may impact on our ability to get the best new manager and future signings if they decide to side with Bruce on this one.

If Bruce is going, which it certainly looks as if he is, it would be better all round in the long run if it were an amicable departure. Trying to price him out of his "dream" move might not be the most expedient thing to do. Agree a reasonable compo package and stick with it could it certainly could cost considerably more later holding out for an extra million or two. The compensation packages being quoted are frankly ridiculous.

Regarding us approaching other clubs for players, have you never thought that what if the player himself actually wants the move? We live in a world now,where in the game, players have as much dictating as the managers, I know it's wrong but that's how it seems to be. 

So if we approach a club enquiring a player and the manager says " Sheffield Wednesday want you on loan but in the summer they upset my mate Steve so you can't go" That player then gets face on and it causes unrest amongst team mates of that club. 

Trust me I cant see anybody blocking a potential move because Bruce appears to be part of some football illuminati.

21 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The self entitlement in Newcastle is amazing. I used to love living up there because the whole City were moaning each and every week. Even sweeter that we beat them all 3 times we played them whilst I lived there. Deluded City. 

And it's not easy to understand why.

We're definitely not talking Liverpool, Man Utd, or Harsenal here.

I mean, apart from that Inter Toto thingy a decade or so ago they've won nothing in the greater part of fifty years.

At least we won the League Cup.

They get bigger gates than us, but then there's only one club.

For years we never had an owner pouring money in, which they had in Uncle John.

I'd like to think that if we'd had that kind of investment we'd have done a bit better than they have.

In the end, the club can't deliver what the fans up there want.

That's why managing them is always a hiding onto nothing.

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If you’d have told me last week the majority of the fan base would be wanting Bruce out I would never have believed you. Best manager we have had for so so long. Unfortunately now I think the damage has been done and the best thing for everyone is if he left. Gutted it has come to this as I really believe he would have taken us back to the Premiership, Bruce is everything we have wanted for so long in a manager, except loyal it seems. So important we now get the right man in to take us forward, not Bullen or the Steve’s, someone like Bruce to really take us forward. 

I think most fans are sensible and realistic. The 'live' reporting of all this since Monday has of course affected their opinion, but as no one has actually commented officially, it's difficult to know what has happened and what is likely to happen, never mind what everyone's reaction will be.

I think most fans, understandably, are thinking more post-Bruce to protect the club for the forthcoming season. I hope DC is also thinking this during this period of madness.

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Very mature, you been hacked again mate?? :Sid:

Seriously though, you’re dead right.

Maybe lol

but no seriously today we need to support them. 

No one even knows for sure if Bruce wants to leave!

I can see a few things being shouted but hopefully it's all good today.

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

Folk keep quoting Ashley. That is not what I said. I alluded to people in the game who are more or less Bruce's peer group siding with him if they believe he is being deliberately priced out of the move. What Ashley has to pay is a side issue.

If they care, which I doubt too much, they’re not going to hold a grudge against some situation clearly created by that fat toad Ashley. They’ve got important jobs to do. It will barely register when deciding on who a loan goes to, like we need to be that desperate anyway. If they’ve got any decency they’d feel sorry for us. Couldn’t care less what Lampard thinks about any of this.