Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Just now, Miffed said:

Its about time Newcastle turned their attentions to Wilder and left us to get on with preparing for the upcoming season.

Rumours are a male matching CW's description has just been spotted driving a bus past the Angel of the North.

#ItsOn

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Its about time Newcastle turned their attentions to Wilder and left us to get on with preparing for the upcoming season.

End of the day if he's gonna spend 5 million he may as well go for wilder.

Not that he would come either 

5 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Been looking through NUFC forums and a few members saying Ashley now looking elsewhere as Chansiri has asked for between 5 and 7 million.

I support DC 100% and not suggesting for one minute we should relent, but needs to make sure Bruce isn't going to have a face on. I'd like to think Bruce is more professional than that and takes his frustration out on Ashley for not paying his release fee, rather than DC/us for keeping him to a contract he can walk away from next year. 

We need a motivated manager who wants to be here. 

27 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Was never convinced by that cricketing jolly. Being forced to wait a month for a manager who failed at a club with double our budget.

I’m sure that the wanting to spend time with his family and the promise to his wife was genuine.  

But I’m also sure that contractually he wasn’t allowed to work until then. It was convenient for both parties to big up the family first thing rather than acknowledging that he was trapped in his Villa contract until after the transfer window closed. 

Edited by MotherGoose

There seems to be an assumption by a lot of people on here that Hughton is sat about waiting for his phone to ring and will be up here like a shot.

I personally don’t see why everyone thinks he’s the man. Basically it can only be cos there just isn’t any other available candidate with any sort of credentials or experience.

Hes on gardening leave isn’t he , anyway ?

Would expect Wilder to jump at the job, thumping the badge and way ey, I can remember drinking cider by the monument and Saturday shopping in the Eldon Centre before climbing the hill to the ground.

Edited by marconi

1 minute ago, marconi said:

Would expect Wilder to jump at the job, thumping the badge and way ey, I can remover drinking cider by the monument and Saturday shopping in the Eldon Centre before climbing the hill to the ground.

Don't be daft, Wilder has been obsessed with one club all his life and can see a vacancy about to become available there.

• Haha 4

Don't get all this if he doesn't go we'll be against him. At the moment its all media talk. Typical hes going because it's his boyhood club crap. At best they're taking a 50/50 punt.  When asked he's said nothing and maybe right to. For what it's worth I reckon if he was going to go it would have happened by now.

3 minutes ago, George said:

I'm afraid I can't think of an appointment anywhere that failed because the clubs could not agree compensation. Please do feel free to correct me.

Before 3 years ago DC knew nothing about British football..Not that he knows much now ;)

He seems to have a blindly optimistic approach...which could be refreshing, unwise and funny all at the same time.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE