Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

I had a great job but went for 5 or 6 discussions with other companies down the years. Didn’t leave.

Did you have a contract? if so, presumably you would have given notice if you had decided to leave? Or would you have just walked and left them in the lurch?

We should hold firm and say no he can’t go. Then get Bruce to sign a new contract, wait until Newcastle appoint a different manager . Then in the same minute Newcastle do that, sack Judas Bruce and condemn this footballing gigolo to the scrap heap. 

Never hire grunt managers. Lesson learned. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, September65 said:

I for one hope Bruce stays. 

He has spoken to Newcastle, that's clear, but anyone in a normal job would want to do the same. You find out what's potentially on offer and make a decision whether to go or stay where you are. The act of speaking to a prospective employer doesn't definitively say you want to work for them.

Exactly and what people are forgetting is that this is Premier League Newcastle (his club) we wouldn't even been having these conversations on here had Derby come in for him.

No lose situation for Chansiri - we either get the right money from Ashley, or we keep Steve Bruce.

Bruce doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would down tools if he didn't get his way, also what does it say about how much they want him if they won't pay a couple of million more for him. 

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We should hold firm and say no he can’t go. Then get Bruce to sign a new contract, wait until Newcastle appoint a different manager . Then in the same minute Newcastle do that, sack Judas Bruce and condemn this footballing gigolo to the scrap heap. 

Never hire grunt managers. Lesson learned. 

Just a slight problem with that, we would then have to pay compensation to Bruce.

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I guess it’s like a relationship. There’s no harm in looking at other people, even talking to them but as soon as you stick your c**k in them then theres a problem. 

Exactly!  That's why I've always been a taker - less guilt!

1 minute ago, MotherGoose said:

I wouldn’t bet against us holding him in his contract and paying him on gardening leave for a year. It’s not like we don’t have form for nonsense like that. 

Agree. I don’t think DC recognizes the word compromise, and nor should he in this particular situation. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, emersonthome said:

what does it say about how much they want him if they won't pay a couple of million more for him. 

And does Bruce genuinely believe he'd be given upwards of £60m to spend if they won't even pay the £5m to get him there? 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I couldn't care less about whether we get 1m or 5m for Bruce

I think personally that he's worth more than any of that to us as a football club.

Right now he's key to success at SWFC

He was last week. No way back from this. 

Guest Kameron

It’s my understanding that Steve Bruce to #NUFC is nearly done! Rumour is compensation is £5m ! However Newcastle are asking for more!

This 1-yr rolling contract - when did it start? I can't recollect having send he'd signed at the end of the season or 1st July, so something must have been written in when he joined in January.

I imagine the compensation clause must have a sliding scale of value - so within 9/6/3 months of the end date the compo reduces accordingly?