Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

18 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Been looking through NUFC forums and a few members saying Ashley now looking elsewhere as Chansiri has asked for between 5 and 7 million.

this can't be good. So now we will never get a loan player from Newcastle and have a manager who doesn't want to be here.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, George said:

I'm afraid I can't think of an appointment anywhere that failed because the clubs could not agree compensation. Please do feel free to correct me.

Chansiri wasn't involved in any other appointments though. The man will dig in until he either gets the money we deserve or they walk away.

15 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Newcastle made an £18m profit last season.

If they can't stump up £5m to secure a new manager then they clearly aren't that fussed about SB. 

Not forgetting the£30m for Perez who has signed for Leicester. 

I guess trying to get someone on cheap is how he got rich in first place. #swfc wanting £2 million. #nufc wanting to pay £1 million. SB has agreed terms. He’ll be a begrudging stayer now should clubs not agree compensation. Ashley wants him by Saturday. Suspect he’ll get his man from twitter

1 minute ago, bronxowl said:

I guess trying to get someone on cheap is how he got rich in first place. #swfc wanting £2 million. #nufc wanting to pay £1 million. SB has agreed terms. He’ll be a begrudging stayer now should clubs not agree compensation. Ashley wants him by Saturday. Suspect he’ll get his man from twitter

Thats from VGTIPS.

Nixon saying it's MUCH higher than 2mill.

7 minutes ago, George said:

I'm afraid I can't think of an appointment anywhere that failed because the clubs could not agree compensation. Please do feel free to correct me.

When Newcastle tried to get McClaren out of Derby? Could be wrong.

That’s why I initially couldn’t see Bruce leaving without a fight over the compo between DC & Ashley. Seems I was right! 

Anyone else just fed up of this? All this going round in circles is doing my head in. The media circus; Sky, the PL, parachute failure payments, mercenary managers, insane transfer fees, Twitter, etc It's all simply eroding my love, enthusiasm and interest in football. The modern (game) business is making me feel sick of football altogether and the game I loved as a kid seems long gone. 

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The silence from Bruce is deafening 

If it wasn’t gonna happen he would be amongst the local journos now talking about Lincoln etc, he’s obviously already agreed a deal with Newcastle and waiting around hoping that Chansiri will give him the green light ,prob turned up today to avoid Chansiri accusing Newcastle of tapping up 

12 minutes ago, George said:

There’s probably plenty, we just don’t hear about the details as much as we are with this one

4 minutes ago, darra said:

Been trying to work out how many managers have managed their boyhood hometown clubs and been a success. Wilder excepted.

Probably quite a lot at lower league level. It is harder to think of them in the top two divisions because of the rapid turnover of managers and foreign coaches. 

Just now, bronxowl said:

Didn’t see the Nixon one, the whanker has blocked me

The whanker that’s never usually wrong