Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Indeed.

Fans, players etc., the relationship would be tenuous at best.

A sticky patch of form and the *well, he doesn't even want to be here* line will be trotted out pretty quickly. 

Yeah agree - if he does stay he needs to come out and clear the air and be honest with everybody. 

Think fans will be more understanding if he comes out saying its his home club but the fans and the way the club have treated him made him want to stay. 

Be a serious PR piece needed anyway. 

29 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Chronicle up in Newcastle saying that it's down to compo - still not agreed, and that Newcastle will be heading out to China without a manager in place.

Sounds like DC is really digging in heels in.

And we all know what happens when DC does that.

I don’t know why anyone’s surprised TBH. His intentions and principles are strong and straightforward but compromise is a big thing in football and from the outside looking in, Chansiri’s reluctance to compromise has arguably cost him and the club money in the past? IMO if he doesn’t find the ability to compromise we’re going to continue to tread water financially?

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Interestingly Sky have now made "The Special One" 16/1 -2nd fav down from 28/1...sqeezing every last penny they can. :biggrin:

That would be classic spin, if Ashley has used SB to set the mood with their fans - then bang Mourinho's announced.

I for one hope Bruce stays. 

He has spoken to Newcastle, that's clear, but anyone in a normal job would want to do the same. You find out what's potentially on offer and make a decision whether to go or stay where you are. The act of speaking to a prospective employer doesn't definitively say you want to work for them.

1 minute ago, CalmJimmers said:

Yeah agree - if he does stay he needs to come out and clear the air and be honest with everybody. 

Would be nice if he turned them down rather than them not paying the compo and deal off, though doubtful if we'd find out

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I don’t know why anyone’s surprised TBH. His intentions and principles are strong and straightforward but compromise is a big thing in football and from the outside looking in, Chansiri’s reluctance to compromise has arguably cost him and the club money in the past? IMO if he doesn’t find the ability to compromise we’re going to continue to tread water financially?

There's a big difference between compromise & being poo on........................so play hardball DC

1 minute ago, September65 said:

He has spoken to Newcastle, that's clear, but anyone in a normal job would want to do the same. You find out what's potentially on offer and make a decision whether to go or stay where you are. The act of speaking to a prospective employer doesn't definitively say you want to work for them.

Agree completely.

I had a great job but went for 5 or 6 discussions with other companies down the years. Didn’t leave. Didn’t feel less enthusiastic about my company or job after deciding to stay.

That said, my discussions weren’t common knowledge.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Agree completely.

I had a great job but went for 5 or 6 discussions with other companies down the years. Didn’t leave. Didn’t feel less enthusiastic about my company or job after deciding to stay.

That said, my discussions weren’t common knowledge.

Therein lies the crux

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

This is the point I made earlier, the two chairmans negotiation positions are not compatible. One wants top dollar for everything, one wants bargain bucket prices. Doubt either will budge. 

8 minutes ago, September65 said:

Completely agree, although football is such a different animal. You might take that job and ex work colleagues will say well done, I'd do the same. Football fans won't in the main. They would want you to fail spectacularly.