Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Guest addedtime
2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We need a resolution ASAP.

The longer this rumbles, the more it threatens to derail our season. 

You mean 14th place instead of 10th?

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To me is makes the amount of compo irrelevant to a degree

If we lose Bruce we're left shuffling around the usual list of out of work losers

So depressing

Imagine if we got Chris Hughton in within the week though. With an extra 5m to spend.

Things may not be as bad as they seem.

I'm sure DC will have held talks with Bruce and know exactly what the situation is. 

We just need to wait to see if Ashley is willing to meet the Compo price. If not, we continue as normal and maybe DC will give Bruce some extra funds to bring in the players he wants?

Either way, it needs sorting asap and us fans need to know where we are at, put it all to bed. 

12 minutes ago, Retired Owls Fan said:

I think MA will just pay what's needed eventually. 

And i will be bitter towards Newcastle for the rest of my life.

Sports Direct is a crap shop anyway.

The tyne is full of pi55

The Great North Run is a load of poo

and Gazza is a cry baby.

That's a bit unfair.....I got a cracking pair of Asics trainers for £21 the other day.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Didn't Alex Bruce join the NUFC twitter group the other day, hope he's told his dad how hostile it's going to be.. DC should ask for £10 million compo then Ashley would go elsewhere. 

It wasn't Alex, it was a fake account.

6 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I'm sure DC will have held talks with Bruce and know exactly what the situation is. 

We just need to wait to see if Ashley is willing to meet the Compo price. If not, we continue as normal and maybe DC will give Bruce some extra funds to bring in the players he wants?

Either way, it needs sorting asap and us fans need to know where we are at, put it all to bed. 

As long as this is the case then the relationship between owner and manager should still be in tact. if Bruce has gone behind DC's back then this is where his position becomes untenable. Although if that was the case i'd imagine that DC would have advised to stay away until it's resolved

New contract for SB and a show of unity between DC and SB and we all move on together. If not Ashley pays what's due and we look for someone else 

28 minutes ago, emersonthome said:

No lose situation for Chansiri - we either get the right money from Ashley, or we keep Steve Bruce.

Bruce doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would down tools if he didn't get his way, also what does it say about how much they want him if they won't pay a couple of million more for him. 

"Steve Bruce is facing nine months in the managerial wilderness after Crystal Palace won a temporary High Court injunction yesterday, stopping him from leaving the club without serving his full notice period.

The order, which could have wide-ranging implications for the game, will run until a full three-day hearing on 14 January. Bruce, however, might be prepared to stay on "gardening leave" on full pay until 1 August next year rather than fight the case then. His counsel, Jane Mulcahy, told the judge that this was because of the legal costs involved in going to trial and because Bruce did not want his Crystal Palace colleagues to have to "wash their dirty linen in public" in court.

Yesterday's decision will have significant knock-on effects, not least at Birmingham City. Bruce has already tried to tender his resignation to the Palace chairman, Simon Jordan, in the expectation that he would move to St Andrews. Jordan refused to accept it and Bruce was removed from control of team affairs. Steve Kember, his assistant, and Terry Bullivant, the coach, have been put in cerateker charge."

Edited by Offside_Owl

Bruce has always been a bit deluded, existing within a footballing world that never truly reflects reality.

For one of the first times in his managerial career he has come to earth with a bump as he is fought over by a skin-flint and a gambler.

Was never convinced by that cricketing jolly. Being forced to wait a month for a manager who failed at a club with double our budget.

Chansiri gone up in my estimations overnight though.

Guest addedtime
8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'm thinking top 6, but by all means dismiss the team you support before a ball is kicked. 

Supporting and being realistic are two very different concepts. I'll be there to support them. I just don't think they are up to anything special at the moment.

Just feel Sheffield Wednesday is coming out of this with the better deal either way 

He goes and we get the dollar and he IS replaceable 

He stays we’ve got a manager who can take us up, and a chairman who isn’t afraid or incapable of sticking up for this club 

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Imagine if we got Chris Hughton in within the week though. With an extra 5m to spend.

Things may not be as bad as they seem.

If you offered me one of the following trades:

• Bruce in exchange for Hughton (or someone similar) & Hector 
  • Bruce in exchange for Hughton (or someone similar) & We don't have to sell BB, FF, AR etc to balance books

I'd probably go with one of those. I mean for months now we've talked about how we need to cash in while stock is high etc. And we missed that boat while Carlos was still being lauded before his transition into Coco the Clown as he was later remembered. My point is that managers like players come and go. If we can turn a profit and bring a replacement in, whilst adding value to squad then it's all good for me. 

1 minute ago, addedtime said:

Supporting and being realistic are two very different concepts. I'll be there to support them. I just don't think they are up to anything special at the moment.

Norwich fans didn’t think they were upto winning league this time last year