Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

All these negative comments about Bruce and his staff and not a single person has a clue what's happened.

Have we had an official approach? 

Do we 100% know he's asked to go?

I'd say if any of the above had happened Wednesday would be announcing something just like Derby did with Chelsea.

If Bruce takes training tomorrow with the rest of the team he'll have my full support and I'm confident he'll stay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dronfield Blue said:

All journeymen

Not saying there not, wouldn’t want any of them personally , rather we stayed away from likes of Hughton aswell who’s just sniffing for the next prem job if he’s successful by xmas he’d be off to first PL club that sacks there manager 

10 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

It's looking very ominous.

Get it announced, get what you can from the fat top hat at Newcastle and get a decent management team in.

I have a soft spot for the Cowleys, on their way up, big move for them, big club for them. They can still reside in Lincoln, easy travelling to Sheffield.

No more f00king greedy journeymen with big egos.

Lets be honest, Wilder wasn't worth a poo, but look at his result.

I don't know - they'll need loads of change for Dunham bridge toll - 40p each day each way x 2 unless they travel together. DC might have to buy a season ticket for them unless they'll be on a rolling week contract.

• Haha 1

Very short sighted by Bruce this. Bigger club?...maybe but only because they have one club in their city. They have a chairman that won’t back him, give him any money and habitually hamstrings his managers. Fans that yeah are passionate, but will turn on him if they have a bad run of results like they did Allardyce. Compare that to Wednesday where the fans already love him, a chairman that’s fully behind him and a club that will in the next few years be in the Premier League....and if he was the one to take us up, legendary status. Think he’s dropping a clanger!!

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

It does happen in business and even in business it raises an eyebrow when you’ve only been in your current job for 2 seconds. 

It does, but it's not uncommon is it, especially Senior level. 

We've just had somebody accept a job and turn away from it before they even started. We had a replacement ready for if that happened. Yes it's frustrating as owt but that's why you have succession strategies in place to minimise damage. 

31 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah this. Let’s not get carried away with the whole we’re a massive club thing. Newcastle will always be a bigger pull than Wednesday.

don't matter if Newcastle are bigger ,bruce will endure hell there ,sacked by xmas and done as a manager . the cabbage chucked at him at villa and the vile abuse he had to endure there is going to be 10000 times worse at Newcastle ,if Ashley ever leaves he would be sacked the next day ,if Ashley stays bruce would endure relentless abuse like he has never encountered . if he wants to end his football career on this note and end it bitterness let him , I hope the compo he receives from Newcastle is worth all the abuse what awaits him .

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

All these negative comments about Bruce and his staff and not a single person has a clue what's happened.

I'd say if any of the above had happened Wednesday would be announcing something just like Derby did with Chelsea.

If Bruce takes training tomorrow with the rest of the team he'll have my full support and I'm confident he'll stay.

I know what your saying fella, but unfortunately in today’s game the lack of any ‘official statements’ doesn’t mean things are not happening or happened 

With all the reports, from various journalists clearly well connected , it’s as good as done 

2 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

He might ask for us to be patient and give him some time to think about it all.:Sid:

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It does happen in business and even in business it raises an eyebrow when you’ve only been in your current job for 2 seconds. 

And in business, at a decent level, it’s a minimum 3 months garden leave. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

He’s not even travelled up to Newcastle yet. fizz me. This needs sorting so we can move on and start planning again for next season. 

DC playing hardball until they agree our compensation demands I hope. Good for him if that is the case. 

2 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

As though Bruce can now take training tomorrow having gone for talks. He shouldn't darken our door again and I doubt he will. 

TBF no one knows if he has been talking to them. SSN reported he hasn't been to Newcastle and not expected tomorrow.

Then again they also report they are expecting an announcement by Saturday. So who knows what to believe.