Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Just now, CalmJimmers said:

It does, but it's not uncommon is it, especially Senior level. 

We've just had somebody accept a job and turn away from it before they even started. We had a replacement ready for if that happened. Yes it's frustrating as owt but that's why you have succession strategies in place to minimise damage. 

Yeah, that’s fair. People have their reasons, they do what’s best for them bit they are judged accordingly and they get a bit of a bad rep in my view. 

19 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Nonsense 

We’ve 4 league titles each, they may have won more fa cups than us? but they’ve not won the league cup, European records are pretty similar, 25 years ago gates were pretty similar too and on the back of our success in the early 90s we were a bigger draw than them... 

12 minutes ago, Beholder said:

We've been well and truly walked over and disrespected by Bruce.

And we let him watch the cricket in West Indies whilst we had games in January. Bucket list my arse. 

He had zero respect for us and this confirms it.

fizz him. Fat privelidged tvvat. 

couldn't agree more. I hope chansiri insists on 5 million compo or you cant go , now the accounts are out we can lose 40 plus million over next 2 seasons without getting done with ffp. id love to hear chansiri telling Ashley your not taking me for an idiot on the phone, pay up or f*ck off 

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I know family comes first etc - but giving him that time off is grating on me even more now 

Doesn’t really bother me that. We gave him the time because he was the best we could get. If we demanded he came straight away he wouldn’t have bothered and we’d have had to settle for someone worse. Yeah it was nice of us but it was for our own benefit.

15 minutes ago, Beholder said:

We've been well and truly walked over and disrespected by Bruce.

And we let him watch the cricket in West Indies whilst we had games in January. Bucket list my arse. 

He had zero respect for us and this confirms it.

fizz him. Fat privelidged tvvat. 

Damm was Danny Murphy right? Well at least our conscience is clear and hopefully we've conducted ourselves with self respect

3 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

We’ve 4 league titles each, they may have won more fa cups than us? but they’ve not won the league cup, European records are pretty similar, 25 years ago gates were pretty similar too and on the back of our success in the early 90s we were a bigger draw than them... 

Apart from the last 25 years when they have been much much more successful with bigger crowds and players n stuff 

1 minute ago, Mr Meadows said:

No one cares about 25 years ago 

our current status of the last 20 years probably puts us on par with the likes of Wigan, Blackburn, Reading, Ipswich 

i know as a human you’ll always be protective and favour your own, but people really do need to wake up 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Doesn’t really bother me that. We gave him the time because he was the best we could get. If we demanded he came straight away he wouldn’t have bothered and we’d have had to settle for someone worse. Yeah it was nice of us but it was for our own benefit.

I get all that, from the outside it just makes us look incredibly weak 

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

How would everyone feel if Bruce goes and we get £3m compensation and we appoint Hughton this weekend?

be even happier if he fetched dunk with him . now we have maybe 20 million plus losses allows for next 2 seasons any manager should have a decent chance on bringing players in so the job should attract decent managers like him 

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Yeah, that’s fair. People have their reasons, they do what’s best for them bit they are judged accordingly and they get a bit of a bad rep in my view. 

Yeah I guess that's fair as well - you make your decisions and you will be judged for them. 

Guess what I'm trying to get at (not aimed at you) is that people saying we gave him time off before coming, we're Sheffield Wednesday much bigger than Newcastle etc have their heads in the sand. 

If we've gotten stung by Bruce wanting to take time off before coming here then more the fools us, and we need to learn from it. Any manager in this league who would get approached by Newcastle would leave, easily, they are bigger and better than us. Unless you are Real or Barca you are going to get your head turned at any club. 

We rest on our laurels and what we did 20+ years ago far too much. Time we started building up to being big again, which means cutthroat and professional business decisions and structures, rather than stamping our feet and telling everybody we're a big club. 

5 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Again, if there was no truth in thsi, Bruce could have come out and just said that. Even Allardyce did and he isn't even with a club

Im certain Allardyce has managed them before and left with the fans chasing him out the door foaming at their mouths.

8 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Again, if there was no truth in thsi, Bruce could have come out and just said that. Even Allardyce did and he isn't even with a club

Probably helped that one was on a radio show and one wasn’t tho today!

Edited by superowls23
  • Haha 1