Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

How would everyone feel if Bruce goes and we get £3m compensation and we appoint Hughton this weekend?

If none of this had happened and Bruce was here, I’d not swap them. Just felt like right man, right place and right time. Players dying for someone like him after Carlos and Jos.

In the context of what’s happening, it would take the edge off it, but I’m not convinced it’s a guaranteed improvement. A lot of managerial appointments are a gamble and a lot of good feeling is forged by how you manage the fans, media and so on. Seen it with Laws, Carvalhal, Sturrock, Atkinson, Jones for periods of time and I think that’s the type that does well here. Not sure if he buys into that?

4 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Im certain Allardyce has managed them before and left with the fans chasing him out the door foaming at their mouths.

He did, but he was approached again, as confirmed by numerous media outlets and Allardyce himself, and said that he said no. If there was nothing in this, Bruce would do the same

36 minutes ago, vulva said:

‘Let him take training’? I’d tell Bruce, Clemence, Agnew and any other fuucker that has been talking to Newcastle to stay and home, and empty the contents of their lockers into the nearest skip. We need to toughen up. Proper soft touch as a club and a a fan base, with years of trying really hard to be really nice. 

I wouldn't do anything that would let them claim unfair dismissal and get out of paying compensation when they move to Newcastle. Softly, softly and take the money.

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Have I missed something? 20 million losses for the next two years????

not sure that’s right 

we posted a profit today of around 2 million that means the next 2 years accounts would allow us to lose appx 41 million without penalties = 39 million allowable losses over any 3 year period .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, superowls23 said:

Probably helped that one was on a radio and one wasn’t tho today!

I know, I mean, if only Steve Bruce had some medium where he could come out and say this wasn;t true. Just unfortunate that in this day and age there isn't any :Sid:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

be even happier if he fetched dunk with him . now we have maybe 20 million plus losses allows for next 2 seasons any manager should have a decent chance on bringing players in so the job should attract decent managers like him 

We will lose 20 million plus on the next set of accounts with the players we have at present 

If he goes it's a bit of coont's trick - end of!

Not because of what happened re. his break before he started here.

Not because it's his boyhood dream.

Not because of our behind the scenes issues.

But simply because it's 3 weeks before the start of the season, he's signed his players, released some others and did a great job last season and was building well for next season.

Coont's trick - simple as that!

Not gone yet though so let's see....

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

I know, I mean, if only Steve Bruce had some medium where he could come out and say this wasn;t true. Just unfortunate that in this day and age there isn't any :Sid:

I think he’s off too just to clarify,

think I’m just in the camp of i’m Sure when there is summat to say they’ll say it. Whoever that may be. 

Been going since I was a kid but I don’t feel any entitlement to 100% knowledge of all the intricacies of owning/managing/decision making of the football club. That’s just me, some do the same, some don’t. 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Not sure you have got that right fella, might be worth goi g and having a look at the account  thread. I do t think we will be splashing money around any time soon 

we can lose 18 million in next accounts in 1 year and 23.5 million season after to avoid the 39 million in any 3 year cycle . no we wont be signing 10 million players but we will be as competitive as derby ,forest ,leeds etc . we have lost a huge amount from the wage bill , boyd,abdi,hooper,jones matias as well as the loan players were on very serious money ,I reckon inc loan players 9 million of wages has been taken off , as the new players we have signed must be on a lot less than the players what have left. a new manager making the right signings/loans can easily get us to be competing in the top 6. 

8 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

We will lose 20 million plus on the next set of accounts with the players we have at present 

your forgetting who has left in the summer and were very highly paid and did sod all on the pitch , I think we still have 6 million worth of wages available in this coming season as the 3 we have signed must be on fairly modest wages due to the soft embargo we were on. 

26 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

As though Bruce can now take training tomorrow having gone for talks. He shouldn't darken our door again and I doubt he will. 

Would the players put in 100% for a man who gives nothing back and won't be here after the weekend. Doubt it.

13 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

we can lose 18 million in next accounts in 1 year and 23.5 million season after to avoid the 39 million in any 3 year cycle . no we wont be signing 10 million players but we will be as competitive as derby ,forest ,leeds etc . we have lost a huge amount from the wage bill , boyd,abdi,hooper,jones matias as well as the loan players were on very serious money ,I reckon inc loan players 9 million of wages has been taken off , as the new players we have signed must be on a lot less than the players what have left. a new manager making the right signings/loans can easily get us to be competing in the top 6. 

Last set of accounts for FFP were for years 2015/16 £9.6M, 2016/17 £20M, 2017/18 profit £2M.

The next set will lose 2015/16 but gain 2018/19.

Edited by Hookowl
  • Thanks 1