Lee Cattermole

Just now, DobbinTheDonkey said:

The team needs leaders now Hector has gone.

With the exception of Hutch I don't think we have any others, Bannan does his bit but we need more.

IMO the mentality of the squad has been an issue for years and a big reason why we haven't gone up. Westwood, Bannan. Hutch and Fletcher are the only ones i wouldn't question.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

The team needs leaders now Hector has gone.

With the exception of Hutch I don't think we have any others, Bannan does his bit but we need more.

Bannan does so, but not always well directed. Westwood is a leader. Fletcher perhaps. Lees I'm afraid isn't.  Yes, we are short on this

He's 31, not exactly ancient. I've no idea if his legs have gone or not but assuming he's ok in that respect he's still got a couple of years in him. Sitting infront of defence breaking things up he could do a job for us.

Maybe not my preferred option but not exactly a disaster. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

We lack bottle and players who will drive their team mates on when things go wrong. There were times last season where our heads dropped and we gave up, if he can stop that happening I'll be more than happy. I don't care that he played for Sunderland through two relegations, they were a car crash club relegated because of internal problems.

• Like 1

He’s good at his job. He protects the back 4 and our current 2 options are Sam Hutchinson who is fantastic but we all know you can’t expect 40 games out of him and Pelupessy who hasn’t exactly set the world a light. 

And for all Sunderlands problems it seems Cattermole hasn’t been one of them, fans genuinely gutted he’s left.

When i was at junior school i was the best player in my year... 

Went to comp' and when we had footy trials i thought 'im never gonna get in this side' as we had some reyt talent. 

As it happened I got picked in CM as captain.

I loved playing in that team, but im not gonna kid myself, no doubt i was the worst player in the team, but i knew my job, 

I did all the donkey work. All the dirty tackles that needed making. Won the ball back and played it simple. provided the platform to let the lads play. 

I think u all get the point im making?

For years ive read from folk on ere that wednesday are 'too nice' and that we dont get in the refs face..

Its just 1 piece of the jigsaw.  

Maybe not one to get us off our seats, but id say defo an important piece that we need. 

• Like 2

I wouldn’t be against signing him, obviously not on the type of wages he’s been on at Sunderland but then he doesn’t have a club right now so not really in a position to be dictating what wages he wants to any prospective club.

We need a new midfield imo ahead of Pessy however I hope that player is not Cattermole. I don’t think he’s a bad player but for the wages we would have to fork out I don’t feel it would be a sensible signing. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

I see that Journalist who’s apparently the worst around and does nothing but spread rumours called this weeks ago ... 

Interesting 

15 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Imagine the dogs abuse Ron would have got from the “I know better” flouncers if OT had been around circa 1990 when he signed the past it unknown has been Laurie Madden???

Cattermole = part of SB’s jigsaw!!!

Howard Wilkinson signed Madden in about 1983.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1