Lee Cattermole

23 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Could be, also just goes to show how precarious transfers are as it seemed almost nailed on from what I was told. 

honestly,think wev'e nowt to come this season,we will stay up but think expectations re top 6 are mad

36 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

honestly,think wev'e nowt to come this season,we will stay up but think expectations re top 6 are mad

Why not?

Whilst we have the likes of Forestieri, Reach, Bannan, Westwood, Lees and Hutchinson in our ranks, the solid recent additions of Harris and Odubajo, plus the know-how, contacts and experience of Steve Bruce, we should be in contention for the top 6 IMO.

However, once again, our ‘off-the-field’ activity could be our biggest threat to success.  Whatever your opinion is of Cattermole and Bidwell, if Bruce had identified those guys as transfer targets and our status as a club under embargo deterred them from signing for us, then that’s a real disappointment and needs resolving ASAP.

Bruce is a good manager but not a miracle-worker.  I agree that our squad needs reinforcements if we’re serious about promotion.  But I don’t think we’re that far off.  The sooner we are out of this embargo, the better.  The club can at least do their bit by submitting the accounts publicly.  They were originally due months ago, so it’s concerning that the club are still dragging their heels over that.  Hopefully then, the embargo can be lifted and we can move forwards.