Lee Cattermole

Whilst some will not like a player we’re signing, or potentially signing. At least they address gaps in the squad such as height in defence, pace out wide/full back and an aggressive midfielder.

Compared to the like for like signings we made previously which doubled up on what we had in midfield it’s a good thing and they at lest make sense.

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

If it's Cattermole who's gone to Porugal I take it Bidwell is just a rumour. Looks like we might need a LB.

LB is the most urgent position we need to improve in my opinion.

Palmer / Penney ok as backup, but Fox is just dire.

Is definitely take LC. He's a leader.  Be good to have someone like that in the dressing room. He's nowhere near as bad as people are making out. He wears his heart on his sleeve, he's played at the highest level and Steve Bruce obviously thinks he can get something out of him. So for that reason...I'm in! 

50 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Hutchinson in the last 4 seasons has played 90 league games, Cattermole in just the last 4 seasons has managed 103 league appearances. Also worth nothing Hutchinson has managed only 135 league appearances in his career, 33 more than Cattermole managed in the last 4 seasons. 

Just checked on another site & you are correct, thanks for the update.

Better than Joey, likely to be available more times than Hutch. Tough midfielder got some bite.

Ok, technically he’s not brilliant. But do we need that? We’ve had good technical players as S6 for last 3/4 years, but they’ve not been tough enough. 

If wages are right then I don’t see that much of an issue. I can understand people being underwhelmed to an extent, but we’re kind of shopping for bargains and rough diamonds at the moment...