Lee Cattermole

Not wholly sure I see why there is such a level of hostility to the idea. He's not long past his 31st birthday. Obviously much would depend on the length and value of the contract, but the Nixon suggestion that he wouldn't be cheap tells a story about what other possible buyers think.

Genuinely don't have a view but wouldn't say it's ridiculous on age grounds.

He wouldn't be at the top of my list, but then I've not managed four teams to promotion from this division.

Bruce has worked with Cattermole in the past and if he wants to bring him here, then he'll have good reasons, I'm sure.

It may be that Cattermole offers certain qualities which go beyond mere footballing ability, and that's something which any team needs.

• Thanks 1

No!!!!

I just don't see what he adds, a player on the decline, wrong side of 30 from league 1, on top drawer wages. 

Have to trust Bruce, but must have been on the shandies early over in Portugal if this is seriously being considered. 

• Haha 1

Cattermole is just not a fashionable player but he is a leader and a better player than Joey. 

Also Bruce signed him for Wigan and Middlesbrough, in the premier league, so clearly a big fan. I’m not unhappy with this at all. 

• Thanks 1

He'll be a better signing than most on here think? Experienced, has pedigree at this level and the one above. A much better option than Pelupessy and will probably be available to play more than Hutchinson?

2 minutes ago, striker said:

No!!!!

I just don't see what he adds, a player on the decline, wrong side of 30 from league 1, on top drawer wages. 

Have to trust Bruce, but must have been on the shandies early over in Portugal if this is seriously being considered. 

But he isn't "on top drawer wages".

He is on no wage at all.  He has left his employer.

The wage he would be on were he to join us is purely a matter of speculation.

1 year deal as back up to Hutchinson, as many have said he’s a better option than Joey so improves the squad

Would have to be on half the wages he’s on now though

Got to trust Bruce on this one. He knows his qualities better than any one on here