Lee Cattermole

Well I doubt LC would leave SA by mutual consent if he hasn't got a deal agreed elsewhere.

This announcment ironically coincides with when the team fly out to Portugal, so, I reckon this is the free agent Bruce was on about who is going to portugal with the other 3 new players.

If its a short term deal I would be happy with it, Bruce knows his onions.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

I wouldn’t be against signing him, obviously not on the type of wages he’s been on at Sunderland but then he doesn’t have a club right now so not really in a position to be dictating what wages he wants to any prospective club.

To be fair to him he could have stayed at Sunderland for another year, they have come to an agreement and he's left for the financial benefit of the club,

he's not like Jack Rodwell, who when asked to leave, wouldn't, at least he has a moral compass.

If he's good enough for Bruce, good enough for me.

7 minutes ago, swfc.4.ever said:

Well I doubt LC would leave SA by mutual consent if he hasn't got a deal agreed elsewhere.

This announcment ironically coincides with when the team fly out to Portugal, so, I reckon this is the free agent Bruce was on about who is going to portugal with the other 3 new players.

If its a short term deal I would be happy with it, Bruce knows his onions.

Wouldnt be surprised to see a tweet tomorrow from howson saying LC has flown out to Portugal to join the squad 

27 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Is definitely take LC. He's a leader.  Be good to have someone like that in the dressing room. He's nowhere near as bad as people are making out. He wears his heart on his sleeve, he's played at the highest level and Steve Bruce obviously thinks he can get something out of him. So for that reason...I'm in! 

Well said...

the meltdown on on here is unreal. 

U would think people have watched him more that’s they’ve watched Wednesday.

im unsure how good or bad he is but if Bruce has signed him a few times previous and wanting to again I’m sure he knows him more than any of us. 

As Derbyshire says above he may be what Bruce thinks is lacking in dressing room as well as ont pitch. 

Was he Sunderland captain???

A leader role like Borner was captain at his old club. 

We don’t seem to have many that get players revved up to fight till the end. 

Bannan,  Hutch n Westwood main ones. 

Trust in Bruce. 

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I think he could become quite popular. Most football fans like this kind of player.

A player who keeps leading his teams to failure and has a reputation for being part of the problem as much as any solution at Sunderland. I've said i will go with what Bruce chooses for us and support whoever he brings in but I will need some convincing if this one turns out to be true. Buying players of an age with no potential re-sale value is a worry given the state of our finances. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

A player who keeps leading his teams to failure and has a reputation for being part of the problem as much as any solution at Sunderland. I've said i will go with what Bruce chooses for us and support whoever he brings in but I will need some convincing if this one turns out to be true. Buying players of an age with no potential re-sale value is a worry given the state of our finances. 

Just like Kieran Westwood for us???? don’t believe the hype fella. 

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Whose buying?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Whose buying?

Sorry, paying the wages of then, at least I didn't use a 1983 signing as an example of Big Ron's shrewd business! lol 

7 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Just like Kieran Westwood for us???? don’t believe the hype fella. 

The odd person on here has questioned Westwood's character, there have been numerous reports and evidence of how Cattermole has had an influence at Sunderland off the pitch. Aside from that he has been involved in 2 relegations in 2 seasons, though he apparently had a decent campaign in league one last season.

I'll go with Bruce if this is the case but think it as an expensive option in terms of wages that can't offer an re-sale value, with had too many of those.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Sorry, paying the wages of then, at least I didn't use a 1983 signing as an example of Big Ron's shrewd business! lol 

Haha a mistakes a mistake whichever way you look at it.

It’s just comforting to know others make them too lol

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I’m not sure he does have a reputation for being part of the problem and I don’t think the melt down at Sunderland can be attributed to him. I’ve heard nothing along those lines and I know loads of Sunderland supporters. They didn’t like his wage and thought he’d lost the edge he had in the premier league to justify the wage but as a character he’s been popular there. If we sign him on a free then resale value is less of an issue, as long as the others we bring in are younger.

2 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Haha a mistakes a mistake whichever way you look at it.

It’s just comforting to know others make them too lol

I wouldn't take any comfort in being as daft as me! :ghoulguy:

15 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

A player who keeps leading his teams to failure and has a reputation for being part of the problem as much as any solution at Sunderland. I've said i will go with what Bruce chooses for us and support whoever he brings in but I will need some convincing if this one turns out to be true. Buying players of an age with no potential re-sale value is a worry given the state of our finances

We wouldn't be buying him he is a free agent. A proportion of Abdi's wages should cover his.