Udder's dropping interest in Westwood?

5 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I don't think his injury "record" is a bad as some make out, yes he had a bad one in CC's last season but other than that been a fairly regular starter.

Yes it's true, but as anyone whos played at any level regularly knows after 30, as you get older you become more susceptible to injuries and generally takes longer to heal too. 

Not a good scenario if your looking for a new no 1 your hopping to play 40+ games a season bud. 

1 hour ago, killamarshtrekowl said:

I'm told by a friend who is 'in the know' at Udders that they've dropped their interest in Westwood due to his injury record. Apparently they have a fitness standard (probably something we should look at!) which his injury record is not up to. Don't know why they wouldn't have known this before offering him a deal but that's what I've been told. Obviously this doesn't mean someone else wont take the risk but i'd say the odds of him signing just raised significantly!

P.S. Don't shoot the messenger!

They probably dont think he is the keeper to help them extend their 586 game unbeaten run

33 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Yes it's true, but as anyone whos played at any level regularly knows after 30, as you get older you become more susceptible to injuries and generally takes longer to heal too. 

Not a good scenario if your looking for a new no 1 your hopping to play 40+ games a season bud. 

"When injuries were analysed with age groups in five year intervals, (as in table 1), there were no significant differences between number of injuries and age based on observed and expected figures. However when age groups were broken down into two age groups, the younger age groups (17–25) sustained relatively more injuries than older age groups (26–35+)"

Maybe not everyoneWTF:

5 hours ago, s63owl said:

With me being a pessimist, I was thinking that Sunday looked quite the opposite. The big hug with Nicky Weaver before kick off, (almost like an enjoy your last game), the going nuts with Morgan Fox (like he didn’t want his last action to be conceding), and the photo with his kids in the goal mouth in front of the Kop (a memento of his time here).

I am rubbish at reading people though, so I hope I really am wrong.

I thought it was Pelupessy he was fuming at. Looked like Pelupessy failed to properly track back for both goals.

What ever the case I hope Westwood makes his decision sharpish. We don't want to have this dragging on well into the Summer for him to decide he's going. It would leave us in a bad position and we could end up with Dawson who imho just isn't ready yet. A quick decision would at least give us a fighting chance, but sadly I think we'll be weaker without him regardless 

51 minutes ago, Daniel The Owl said:

Look who wrote it, the bloke who pretends to be a sky journalist 

he probably got it from here

Pete O’Rourke was a sky journalist, and also worked for the press association.

He’s now doing freelance.

Look back at things he’s said in the past regarding all sorts of clubs and you’ll find he’s far more than just the usual school kid making up rumours. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blatter said:

Probably because his agent has disclosed what Wednesday’s contract offer is.

Thought they were going to get him for nothing and pay him peanuts 

why don't they put one of their forwards in goal?, they've been 'outstanding' at keeping the ball out of the net for a couple (or more) seasons now.

9 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Look back at things he’s said in the past regarding all sorts of clubs and you’ll find he’s far more than just the usual school kid making up rumours. 

A sports journalist for nearly 20 years after graduating from the University of Sheffield with a degree in journalism. He has worked as a reporter for Press Association Sport, PlanetFootball.com and skysports.com. He is now a freelance journalist, working for ESPN among other clients. He has a particular expertise in breaking transfer news from all leagues across Europe and exclusive interviews.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Hi Peter

Sounds sour grapes to me that 

What’s there policy

dont research any player just offer contract and then during negotiations if not going well create  a new policy to get out of negotiations and save embarrassment 

15 hours ago, BIG D said:

Played 20 out of 24 league games after Jos had left 

Exactly missed games in two different occasions since coming back in the side. Is permantly nursing injuries . If he stays we need a decent back up like Dawson as he will be required several times during the season 

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, james o connor said:

Exactly missed games in two different occasions since coming back in the side. Is permantly nursing injuries . If he stays we need a decent back up like Dawson as he will be required several times during the season 

So a player who plays on average 40 games a season is injury prone? Give over lol

He’ll do what’s best for him and his family. Hopefully he’ll stay on, but if he gets a better offer from one of the other localish clubs he’ll be off. Doesn’t he live in Manchester? If so he’s got plenty of choice within a relatively short commute.