Udder's dropping interest in Westwood?

I'm told by a friend who is 'in the know' at Udders that they've dropped their interest in Westwood due to his injury record. Apparently they have a fitness standard (probably something we should look at!) which his injury record is not up to. Don't know why they wouldn't have known this before offering him a deal but that's what I've been told. Obviously this doesn't mean someone else wont take the risk but i'd say the odds of him signing just raised significantly!

P.S. Don't shoot the messenger!

Guest Jack the Hat
7 minutes ago, flo said:

Every team has a fitness standard. 

Whilst I'm not doubting you, as a Wednesday fan I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I read something like that.

12 minutes ago, killamarshtrekowl said:

I'm told by a friend who is 'in the know' at Udders that they've dropped their interest in Westwood due to his injury record. Apparently they have a fitness standard (probably something we should look at!) which his injury record is not up to. Don't know why they wouldn't have known this before offering him a deal but that's what I've been told. Obviously this doesn't mean someone else wont take the risk but i'd say the odds of him signing just raised significantly!

P.S. Don't shoot the messenger!

pity they haven't a 'goal scoring standard' or they have stayed up.

tinpotbastards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Westwood was fuming on Sunday when the late goal went in he was then all smiles out on the pitch with his kids after the game and was one of the last to go back in the dressing room, not the actions of a man playing his last game for us, I'm confident he'll be here next season.

3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Westwood was fuming on Sunday when the late goal went in he was then all smiles out on the pitch with his kids after the game and was one of the last to go back in the dressing room, not the actions of a man playing his last game for us, I'm confident he'll be here next season.

With me being a pessimist, I was thinking that Sunday looked quite the opposite. The big hug with Nicky Weaver before kick off, (almost like an enjoy your last game), the going nuts with Morgan Fox (like he didn’t want his last action to be conceding), and the photo with his kids in the goal mouth in front of the Kop (a memento of his time here).

I am rubbish at reading people though, so I hope I really am wrong.

3 minutes ago, s63owl said:

With me being a pessimist, I was thinking that Sunday looked quite the opposite. The big hug with Nicky Weaver before kick off, (almost like an enjoy your last game), the going nuts with Morgan Fox (like he didn’t want his last action to be conceding), and the photo with his kids in the goal mouth in front of the Kop (a memento of his time here).

He's said in an interview recently that his kids are massive Wednesday fans so the photo would have been a great memento whether he stays or goes.

22 minutes ago, s63owl said:

He hugs most games

He always goes nuts at people

His kids are Wednesday fans

29 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Probably at his age and with his quite questionable injury record there may not have been that big an interest in him. 

Some of these rumours may be agent talk touting for a better deal or drum up interest. 

He was after all supposed to be going to our "former" retirement home at bellend Road around Christmas. lol

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Probably at his age and with his quite questionable injury record there may not have been that big an interest in him. 

Some of these rumours may be agent talk touting for a better deal or drum up interest. 

He was after all supposed to be going to our "former" retirement home at bellend Road around Christmas. lol

I don't think his injury "record" is a bad as some make out, yes he had a bad one in CC's last season but other than that been a fairly regular starter.

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Played 20 out of 24 league games after Jos had left 

And was fit and actually available to play whilst Jos was here (this season).

So as with all seasons but last season, his availability for games through the course of each season has been very high.