Norwich - V - Wednesday OMDT

Thanks again Milord.

There's plenty in what SB says to keep the speculators in business during the next few weeks, you and me included.:biggrin:

As to Norwich, head says they can clinch promotion and nothing in it for us so 2-0.

Heart says it the Wednesday way to have previously thrown away our chance and then to pull off a great result 0-2.

• Like 3

I love what Bruce is saying. I’m looking forward to huge changes this summer. I think anyone could go if the price is right. 

For me, the biggest deals we need to sort are tieing Westwood down to a new contract and signing Hector. Those 2 deals are necessities. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Some good points there Milord. If Norwich can do it so can we next season. 

Up the Owls, and don’t put the flip flops on just yet please......

Indeed. We can do it next season providing our FFP plight is not too severe. Possibly could have done it this season if we had been able to close out a few games. Just shows you how bobbar this league is; you can have half a season playing utter twonk and with a good run be on the cusp of the playoffs.

I miss Stubbs a bit but I'm glad he's having a break to be honest, the poor bloke works like a trojan for very little reward and he does it all with a smile. This OMDT is a good one and I agree with a lot of it. We now have a manager in who will look at the whole team and squad and know what attributes players need in which positions. He also has a vast amount of experience and contacts within the game so will have access to these types of players, be it through loans or deals. Add to this the fact that any young player should want to work under him considering his cv and we have employed an absolute gem. And that's before you look at how well he conducts himself in interviews and in the media in general. 

He'll send the team out to play today, whatever the team is. Dead rubber so go out and enjoy some football. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the memories but it would have probably been the worst thing to happen to Wednesday to get promoted with the current squad. It has no future. 

It would still be nice to go out and beat Norwich just to show how poor the Championship is. 

UTO 

lol

• Thanks 1

I was surprised when Rhodes chose us over Villa, but then heard  a quote from Bruce (after signing Hogan), that pace had been a key factor in the money they spent. 

Based on what Rhodes has done here and at Carrow Road I hope he doesn't come back here and we can use his wages in improving the squad. There's no chance of us getting back anything like the money spent on him. 

I'm really glad there's a prospect of a big clear out. There's little, if any pace accross the team and whilst I think next season will be better than the last 2, the season after will be one where things will click. Bruce comes accross a realist, he is keeping his feet on the ground and so should we.