Norwich - V - Wednesday OMDT

Opportunity now for Bruce to have a look at some players he might need to make a decision on. 

Think his mind is made up on the out of contract players, but still ones to consider selling or loaning out next season. 

All we can do is play for pride, with a makeshift squad still hampered by injuries. For me the toughest fixture of the season, but it's the Wednesday way that we come away with a win and that's what I'll be hoping for.....after all the talk of goalscorers I'm going for a tight 0-1 win.

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

There's little, if any pace accross the team and whilst I think next season will be better than the last 2, the season after will be one where things will click. Bruce comes accross a realist, he is keeping his feet on the ground and so should we.

I agree 100%

Have you read Owlstalk before though?

:Sid:

• Haha 1

A very accurate analysis of the recent Bruce comments Snoots.

He seems to be gradually preparing us for some difficult, even unpleasant, decisions regarding some of our favourites.

This will be controversial I am sure because incoming cash is needed as well as freeing up wages from the out of contract brigade.

EFL will likely need convincing the plan is realistic enough to bring losses under control or sanctions like the Birmingham could follow.

The job facing Bruce is now a big one simply because it’s not been tackled for three years, only Jack Hunt going out for a fee.

Lets hope Brucie gets it right, otherwise three years of neglect could take just as long to put right and few managers get that long.

I'll be wearing a fetching combo of a spotter's badge and a tinfoil hat today - and indeed over the remaining three fixtures following - trying to work out, based on performances, which players if any have a) already been spoken to, b) feel they're still in with a decent sniff when it comes to potential renewals at S6, or c) know the writing is very much on the wall, and are either on the beach or, conversely, frantically cramming themselves into a crowded shop window.

I've *thoroughly* enjoyed following the highs and lows of this VERY rollercoaster last 3-4 years for Wednesday, all things considered (yes, even the chilly and mystifying Jos era, in hindsight - not that his football was any fun to watch, but the El Doradoesque soap opera plotlines were frankly unmissable).

It's been an incredibly colourful time since DC came aboard, which has been hugely engaging, for better and worse, after what felt like a loooooong period of suffocating drabness by our own reliably bonkers standards.

I'm determined to enjoy watching the Class of '16-'19 ply their trade for the last few times as a group before we say a fond - mostly! - farewell to many of these players who have brought us so much intrigue, hope, agony, nail-biting entertainment and speechless bafflement over the past few campaigns. It's been a heck of a ride, and I will always look back on this group with great fondness. And a grim chuckle. I mean WTF, honestly lads. Absolute madness loving this club.

The sun is out, there's a wind of change blowing (and not just up the back of the Kop WTF:).

UTO, roll on 2020 and the next chapter.

blue-heart.png

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 5

Thanks Snoots lol

I like how SB is preparing everyone for a massive reset in the next few months. Of course we all know that it's absolutely necessary and that it may well mean that next season we could once more be hovering somewhere mid-table (hopefully not battling relegation) if the pieces just don't fall into place. But I'd rather see promotion with a squad that doesn't need to be rebuilt for PL, which would be the case if we got promoted this season.

5 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Thanks Snoots lol

I like how SB is preparing everyone for a massive reset in the next few months. Of course we all know that it's absolutely necessary and that it may well mean that next season we could once more be hovering somewhere mid-table (hopefully not battling relegation) if the pieces just don't fall into place. But I'd rather see promotion with a squad that doesn't need to be rebuilt for PL, which would be the case if we got promoted this season.

I think there will be a real impetus on young, energetic, enthusiastic pacey players. I'm all for that.

It might not click straight away of course, not just because of the possible lack of experience some of them might have, or indeed some of them having to adapt to Championship football (whether that be dropping from the Premier or moving up from Division 3 or abroad) but also because of the sheer number I expect will be coming in and the time it might take for them to integrate with each other.

• Like 1

Many people seem to have taken this as Bruce welcoming Rhodes back with open arms, and perhaps even making his someone to build a team around. I think that is a bit of conclusion jumping. When Bruces words are broken down I think it very much leans the other way. Twice he makes reference to seeing what Norwich want to do. Having a conversation with Norwich. If it was just a case of the loan deal finishing then why would we be waiting particularly on them. He'd just come back wouldn't he?  I don't think it's any stretch at all here to see that Bruce would very much like to see if Norwich would take him off our hands.

Maybe the loan to Norwich had a loan to buy option in it. They can buy at a set price if they want him at the end of the loan. If that is the case Bruce would need to wait for them to make a decision first before he can decide on Rhodes's future.

Personally I think he could do a job for us if we played to his strengths but financially we could get cheaper players who fit into Bruces system rather than Bruce having to change to accomodate a player. It all comes down to money at the end of the day.

I think, very much as Mi'Lord, that this close season is going to be one of what we might call great change.

Bruce has put his head on the block, and said as much. He wants fast, attacking football, and this will mean speedy backs, mid-fielders , and forwards. This doesn't necessarily mean that the players have to be sub-10 sec sprinters, however. Football is much more thhan running about everywhere, but more thinking quickly, in advance and finding spaces, turning defence into attack much more quickly than we can do.

I fear that we are going to be saying 'goodbye' to some well loved faces

And for f**k sake , do not expect Bruce to be able to wave a magic wand, and make us world-beaters.We are not, and he cannot . Even the almighty Sir Alex couldn't achieve perfection overnight.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think there will be a real impetus on young, energetic, enthusiastic pacey players. I'm all for that.

It might not click straight away of course, not just because of the possible lack of experience some of them might have, or indeed some of them having to adapt to Championship football (whether that be dropping from the Premier or moving up from Division 3 or abroad) but also because of the sheer number I expect will be coming in and the time it might take for them to integrate with each other.

Think this is spot on Snoots and only hope the supporters realise it will take time.

Rebuilding to this extent doesn't happen over night but from SBs comments, really like what I'm hearing.

No negativity today.

We’ll go and do a job on Norwich today, then another three wins to just sneak into the last play off position.

We’ll  go into the play offs with momentum, and pull off the unlikeliest promotion in Championship history.

Here endeth the lesson. Praise the Lord. Hallelujah.

No naysayers else I shall smite thee down.

Today we have the hot, hot, water, we have the coffee, we have the burny, burny fire, and we have the plastic spoons. But We don’t have the paper cups.

Going to have to shut the coffee shop down, and use all the money from the till to bung on a Wednesday win.

Hallelujah, praise the Lord.

D8C0B08F-7AE7-4CE2-AB05-4CA62303C4EC.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Blatter said:

Lets hope Brucie gets it right, otherwise three years of neglect could take just as long to put right and few managers get that long.

This is my concern.

It would be so Wednesday to appoint the right manager at the wrong time.