Fernando value

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, Brando17 said:

hate saying it but he looks like he doesn't give a fizz,and his performance level has dropped by miles

Give your heads a shake, he's class, yesterday he was up for that and did well for the 20 he was on, apart from the shocking pass to Matias, its been a nightmare season for him right from the start at Mansfield, injury suspension court cases, working under jos, a good pre season under Bruce and I think he'll be back to his best 

1 minute ago, nilsson said:

Yes you’re right, I should have said 3 or 4 years. And I think both May and Wiggins were sold before Chansiri came in?

Either way, we’ve not recouped much through transfer fees in recent years

Both of them were transferred towards the beginning of Carlos' first season and after Stuey had left. Stuey was still coach at the beginning of the Chansiri era.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Jordan Hugill went for £10M  

We paid £3M for Van aken. 

But loads of our fans would flog Fessi for 1-2M. :laugh:

Both shocking signings those that tell you more about David Moyes and Carlos than FF’s value. 

And West Ham were a premier league club when they signed Hugill. If a premier league club was interested in FF then we’d get a decent fee for him.

Which championship players of a similar age to FF have gone for big money? Ross McCormack to Villa is the only one I can think of and the championship clubs have had to rein in their spending since then with FFP.

We need to make a decision on FF. You either play him and bring players in to compliment him or just sell him and we can all move on.

Three years of indecision on whether he's a first team player has affected the club. One of the very few 'game changes' at the club who is regularly left out to accommodate more defencive and trusted pros.

13 hours ago, itsonmyhead said:

For so long he was our top asset, what do people genuinely think he’s worth now?? As brutal as what it is I think he’s approaching free transfer territory 

13 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Depends what we do with it, if it goes on subsidising the wages of Fletcher, Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes, then we’d be better keeping him We really need to get rid of that lot, and bring in a proper striker

Fletcher been outstanding of late. Who do you think were going to get Neymar ?.

Probably around £3m. Few seasons ago we could have made a small fortune from our squad with Lee, Hooper, Lees, FF, Bannan all highly valued.

The scenario you hope for is that they get you promoted and the Prem jackpot is worth far more than their transfer fees. Still probably seen their combined value in their prime drop from potentially £40-50m to a fraction of that.

• Haha 2

Since the first season when he was unplayable and the star of the show. 

He he is constantly injured which isn’t his fault obviously, but when he’s played he hasn’t hit those standards and it’s like he doesn’t want to be here.

Problems seem to follow him - refusal to play Norwich, Winnall incident and the Mansfield incident.

Lots of talent in him but just doesn’t do it anymore, what was once a asset is becoming a bit of a liability to the team.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in Spain/Italy next year and sold for £2.5 million. 

We we need a complete rebuild in the team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Jordan Hugill went for £10M  

We paid £3M for Van aken. 

But loads of our fans would flog Fessi for 1-2M. :laugh:

Difference is Preston sold Hugil when he was in form.

As it stands no one will pay good money for FF because he’s not doing anything good on the pitch. Age isn’t on his side and he picks up injuries now.

10 million pound player in 2016. Not many would touch him in 2019. The cold hard truth and a big lesson is business for Mr Chansiri. 

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox
14 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Let Bruce have a full pre season training with him.i wouldn't kick Fernando out of bed yet as I think there's still more to come from him.

WTF:

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Difference is Preston sold Hugil when he was in form.

As it stands no one will pay good money for FF because he’s not doing anything good on the pitch. Age isn’t on his side and he picks up injuries now.

10 million pound player in 2016. Not many would touch him in 2019. The cold hard truth and a big lesson is business for Mr Chansiri. 

Agreed. Hugill was never a prem-ready £10m player, but came off the back of a strong season at Preston. Buying Rhodes & not selling Forestieri are the reasons we're neck deep n it. I just hope there's big interest in Reach this summer. Realistically, he's our only way out of this mess this summer if we can shift him and probably a couple more. 

IMO, first thing you want from any footballer, is for them to be athletically capable, for 90mins. 

I don't think Fernando is athletically capable. 

Then after that, You'd want their quality to shine through.

Fernando clearly had the chance to thread Matias through, a simple task, failed again.

It was time to get rid, when he wanted to go himself.

• Thanks 1

FF just needs a new challenge, he's gone stale here. It happens sometimes, he might want to do well for us but he's stuck in a rut and it's not happening.

If he moves elsewhere maybe the change of scenery will do him good. Maybe we were the pinnacle of his career and he will never reach those levels again. Whatever it is I wish he could find his best form again for us next season.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Agreed. Hugill was never a prem-ready £10m player, but came off the back of a strong season at Preston. Buying Rhodes & not selling Forestieri are the reasons we're neck deep n it. I just hope there's big interest in Reach this summer. Realistically, he's our only way out of this mess this summer if we can shift him and probably a couple more. 

Pretty much. Two terrible financial decisions. Without focusing on the past, Chansiri had a great excuse to cash in on FF after that Norwich incident. Even the Wednesday fans were chanting ‘F*** Forestieri’ in the stands. 

The Rhodes signing, like I said at the time, was utterly ridiculous and absolutely unnecessary. 

Reach is a player I really don’t want to leave as I think he’s fantastic and is the sort of player you want to keep hold of. Consistent, reliable, scores, assists rarely injured and can play in a number of positions. But if we realistically want to get out of this mess, he’s the one who will fetch money. 

I think he enjoyed it down south and with Fullham likely to offload Ryan Sessegnon I think they may be back in for him. 

Think we’ll be lucky to get 5-6m for him and that’s the only place I can see him going that have cash to spend. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, prowl said:

FF just needs a new challenge, he's gone stale here. It happens sometimes, he might want to do well for us but he's stuck in a rut and it's not happening.

If he moves elsewhere maybe the change of scenery will do him good. Maybe we were the pinnacle of his career and he will never reach those levels again. Whatever it is I wish he could find his best form again for us next season.

He just needs to move to the flipping wing.

Winger for us or another club - first pick.

Striker for us or another club - bit player.