Fernando value

38 minutes ago, nilsson said:

I’ve give him a bit of stick in this thread... delighted to be proved wrong with that goal tonight.

When you see what he can do when he wants it he is one of the best attackers in this league. Waste of a talent really... he should have played at the top level.

That goal tonight has probably put a million or two on his value. So do we sell in the summer if a decent bid comes in or keep hold and risk losing him for nothing next summer?

I think Bruce's comments about working him very hard to get fit, show that it's not a case of attitude but fitness as to why he's been so under par even when playing this season. Tonight he looked fully fit and was absolutely outstanding even the worldy goal aside. Great work rate, dribbling, and some fantastic passes to Fletch- would've scored 2 if not for a blinder save from Krul. Showed he's still more than got it in him, hopefully we see it consistently through the last few games now. Him and Fletch on that form would make a dynamic pairing next season.

Edited by swfc-dan

4 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Would you offer him a new contract?

If he shows consistent form for the last few games and no fitness worries, and is a big part of Bruce's plans then I wouldn't be against it. Still think we may see how things go until Jan before making a decision though, which I'd agree with.

6 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

After binning Westwood and Hutch prematurely, think we should realise that class players can come back into form. 

I wouldn't keep Sam, he's a 100% committed player no two ways about it , but personally he's never gonna give you more than 30 plus games a season , he's not getting any younger and I think he is a defensive midfielder , can't play him offensively hasn't got the legs or creativity for that.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

After that FF has made some of the tools on here suggesting free transfers look like right tvvats!  Love it!  :ghoulguy:

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

£3m for Winnall?

lol

Madine  cost 6. Half of that is more than fair in this ridiculous day and age.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

He showed tonight what he's all about and what an important player he can still be for us. This season has been a disappointing one for him for several reasons but tonight's display must surely have given Bruce food for thought going forward.

Wouldnt be worth selling because of the fee we'd get for him. Realistically hes probably worth 5/6 but we'd only get 3 due to injuries/form/reputation/off field prombles/age. 

For a player who on his day can play like he has today, 3 mil just isnt enough to get rid

1 minute ago, swfc-dan said:

If he shows consistent form for the last few games and no fitness worries, and is a big part of Bruce's plans then I wouldn't be against it. Still think we may see how things go until Jan before making a decision though, which I'd agree with.

It’s a tough one... keep him until January and we’ll probably lose him for nothing unless we offer a new deal this summer. But when fully fit and his head is right he’s as good as anyone in the league 

10 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

After that FF has made some of the tools on here suggesting free transfers look like right tvvats!  Love it!  :ghoulguy:

You do realise players like Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Wayne Rooney went for free transfers? I don’t think anyone on here has questioned his ability...  just the fact he’s 29, has missed a lot of football and is out of contract next year

Did himself no harm tonight with a brilliant display, scoring a worldly, setting up a few chances and could have had a hattrick with some great shots on goal.  Not a bad idea putting in a great display against a team almost certain to be promoted.  Perhaps Norwich may put in a bid if they do get promoted.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, nilsson said:

You do realise players like Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Wayne Rooney went for free transfers? I don’t think anyone on here has questioned his ability...  just the fact he’s 29, has missed a lot of football and is out of contract next year

Nobody of his ability goes for free ONE year before the end of his deal!!  That’s just daft mate!

6 hours ago, Watto said:

I wouldn't keep Sam, he's a 100% committed player no two ways about it , but personally he's never gonna give you more than 30 plus games a season , he's not getting any younger and I think he is a defensive midfielder , can't play him offensively hasn't got the legs or creativity for that.

Yeah I agree , he was dire before hobbling off (again) . He’s in contract , and no sane team would offer him a deal , so he will stay . Keep him in and around the team , as he’s played well recently , but I agree we need the position filling . 

Guest gizowl
8 hours ago, poite said:

Scores one amazing goal and now everyone is wrong. Jesus Christ. 

He's  been way below average for the past 2 seasons 

Haven't most of them.? Been mismanaged for the last two seasons by Carlos and Dross, then with injuries suspension and court cases, is it any wonder? Now we've got a proper manager we'll see the best of him again. wakey wakey. 

7 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Yep he just scored one goal last night that’s all he did, 

your proving me right again, owlstalk posters know fizz all about football shock lol 

No. He also played brilliantly throughout and deserved MOM. It's been about 2 years coming that performance though. 

7 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Yep he just scored one goal last night that’s all he did, 

your proving me right again, owlstalk posters know fizz all about football shock lol 

Fair point Roland....but the fact is that he hasn't been consistent this year...maybe due to injury, maybe due to not playing in his preferred position...

Will Bruce have his head turned by the "Goal" and performance at norwich?...I seriously doubt it.

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Hard to get mom after being injured whilst being pushed to play not fit. 

But eyyy let’s not give him a chance to get back to his best and get rid he’s tug..........  come on our fans need to get a grip

We need to get a grip of FFP mate...Someones got to go, probably....and it will probably have to be a decent player...thats the problem

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

No he will use his judgement and build our squad around him. Bruce actually knows what he’s doing 

I'm sure he does, but he will have to sell to buy a team...and it surely cannot be reliant on FF...he's not consistent enough

Edited by asteener1867