Fernando value

20 hours ago, room0035 said:

We would be better off offering him a 1 year extension to his contract, get him fit and playing scoring and creating goals and hope his value goes up as at the end of next season he is out of contract. 

If we sell him now for what he would cost to replace we would end up losing money.

For me match fit, firing and not having to worry about off the field issues he could still be so so important for us and Bruce would get the best out of him as Bruce is a manager you want to play for and respect a bit like Big Ron. Where as Jos was a complete Joke in all areas.

For Nando on his day I would agree he would be irreplaceable at the amount we could afford!

Unfortunately since the 2015/16 season we haven’t seen that player due to either injury, suspension or dummy spat out! And since coming back into the side under Bruce he hasn’t set the world alight!

If he does stay I would hope Bruce can get him back firing on all cylinders as he is a game changer but in our current position re FFP and P&S a bid north of £3m we would probably accept

He's a really annoying guy.

He definitely has the talent but for some strange reason always seems to fall short.

Given his performances and injury record over the last couple of seasons, unless SB sees something he can work with, I don't think he'd be a great loss.

I also don't think we'd get a great deal of money for him either, given the above reasons.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beechy85 said:

For Nando on his day I would agree he would be irreplaceable at the amount we could afford!

Unfortunately since the 2015/16 season we haven’t seen that player due to either injury, suspension or dummy spat out! And since coming back into the side under Bruce he hasn’t set the world alight!

If he does stay I would hope Bruce can get him back firing on all cylinders as he is a game changer but in our current position re FFP and P&S a bid north of £3m we would probably accept

The problem we have is, we don't know how much trouble we are in with the finances.

Lets say we are that far in we are not allowed to replace any players. we then lose 14 players leaving us with a squad of about 18 players but with gaps in keys areas, we then have another 8 players or so out of contract in 12 months including some key players. Either we resign some of these players such as Fessi, Fletcher, Hutch, to longer deals this summer or we sell them this summer to maximise what we get for them.

4 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Transfermarket site have him at £4.5 million now. 

Seems about right.

He has played about a dozen games in 2 season, been in trouble with the fa and the courts. On his day is a great player but does not even look match fit now. We will be lucky to get the £3m we paid for him.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

He has played about a dozen games in 2 season, been in trouble with the fa and the courts. On his day is a great player but does not even look match fit now. We will be lucky to get the £3m we paid for him.

You may be right mate but Bielsa loves his fellow Argentinian.

And after promotion, Leeds 'll get quoted £20 million for Madine etc so Fessi - even on those wages - will look a bargain.

And not many clubs as financially desperate as us, only Bolton come to mind. 

1 minute ago, fred mciver said:

And after promotion, Leeds 'll get quoted £20 million for Madine etc so Fessi - even on those wages - will look a bargain.

Leeds get promotion they won't be looking in the championship for a proven striker they signed a keeper on loan from Real Madrid. I would be surprised if they sign anyone from the championship.

Their first signing will be James Milner that's a guarantee.

54 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

FF cant find his form in the Championship, I doubt a Premiership club would be interested at all. 

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

He can’t even get in our side ahead of George Boyd or Marco Matias and you think Leeds would want him to spearhead a premier league strikeforce?

He’s a similar player to what they already have anyway in Pablo Hernandez. But he’s not as consistent as Hernández and doesn’t have the experience in top flight football of Hernández 

• Like 1

I think £4m would be fair enough, time for us and him to both have a fresh start. The club needs a new start for once and to stop clinging onto players like Nando where I feel all we do is talk about ifs, buts and maybe rather than a player that most does. 

• Like 2

Is it a physical thing with him or in his head!! , I look at likes of Messi who Foristieri is similar to in size and style of play, creative and scores from distance and technically great and they both get kicked all over the place yet Messi hardly ever misses games..

On 14/04/2019 at 23:43, bigash_swfc said:

IMO, first thing you want from any footballer, is for them to be athletically capable, for 90mins. 

I don't think Fernando is athletically capable. 

Then after that, You'd want their quality to shine through.

Fernando clearly had the chance to thread Matias through, a simple task, failed again.

It was time to get rid, when he wanted to go himself.

Bollockkks.

He's been injured. But still usually looks one of our busier players when on the pitch

And his quality doesn't shine through? Mate, we've been playing Morgan Fox, Palmer and Pelupessy on a regular basis..

6 minutes ago, robswfc said:

Bollockkks.

He's been injured. But still usually looks one of our busier players when on the pitch

And his quality doesn't shine through? Mate, we've been playing Morgan Fox, Palmer and Pelupessy on a regular basis..

Does he ? In the last 3 years I can count on one hand how many times he’s been of use . He’s a crocked , spent force, with a bad attitude . 

yeah we have been plying those players, because they are the ones actually fit enough to play. 

• Haha 1

FF will not have impressed Bruce since he took over.

14 matches

3 matches Injured 

1 match suspended

5 matches started

4 came on as sub

1 unused sub

I hope Bruce quickly realises FF hasn’t become a bad player (though he isn’t anywhere near where he was 4 seasons ago) but instead he is playing him in the wrong role. 

In the 480 minutes he has played him as a striker, FF has one goal. But more damagingly, the team have only scored 4 (2 v Brentford and 2 v Rotherham). And that has been the problem for four seasons - goals dry up to lower than one per game when he plays in a front two.

I think we will see some experimentation between now and 5th May. We absolutely must not waste yet another start to a season where a manager puts FF in a front two for the early games.

• Like 1

I agree, Forestieri might not be a bad Player, but the whole Squad and tactical approach has to revolve around Him...and if he doesn't like one or the other, or even the Opponent, he refuses to play, for one reason or another.  To my mind, he is not  a Team Player, and Teams win trophies, Players don't.  Never mind that he can't do 90+ minutes, and yes, the +minutes do count, even if he could, he'd need a few months to recover, if & when he decides to.  As said earlier by another Owlstalker, "superstar attitude", but he ain't, or by age 29 he'd be thinking about retiring in the next 2 or 3 years, rather than looking for another job.

Will anybody gamble, will anybody offer Wednesday good money for him?  I doubt it.  He's unreliable, in fitness, form, attitude, and hasn't played as much as some Sub-In's, for a couple of years now.