Fernando value

6 hours ago, robswfc said:

Bollockkks.

He's been injured. But still usually looks one of our busier players when on the pitch

And his quality doesn't shine through? Mate, we've been playing Morgan Fox, Palmer and Pelupessy on a regular basis..

If your happy for him to be Top Earner and not contribute like he did 2 years ago, then thats on you. 

Matias is out performing him by a country mile everytime he gets a chance.

But it looks likely we'll get rid of Matias to keep paying FF a kings ransom

5 hours ago, BIG D said:

I’d like to see him with a full injury-free pre season with Bruce under his belt.

Our best player if we can get him on the pitch regularly. 

Don't you mean our best player if we can get him to play in his best position that also suits the team and he can stay fit, injury free and suspensions to a minimum. 

5 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

If your happy for him to be Top Earner and not contribute like he did 2 years ago, then thats on you. 

Matias is out performing him by a country mile everytime he gets a chance.

But it looks likely we'll get rid of Matias to keep paying FF a kings ransom

Can't agree with this assessment of Mattias, He's no where near proved himself over 4 years!!! Mattias has never outperformed anyone IMO.

On 17/04/2019 at 16:56, briggowl said:

Can't agree with this assessment of Mattias, He's no where near proved himself over 4 years!!! Mattias has never outperformed anyone IMO.

However, this season:-

Matias 1526 minutes, 6 goals

Forestieri 1176 minutes, 3 goals + a pen

And bear in mind MM has played mainly as a winger, whereas FF has been striker this season.

7 hours ago, Blue and white said:

In hindsight he should have gone at the time of the Norwich debacle.

He has done nothing since, spent periods out injuries caused friction with other players and his value is nowhere near what it was.

Having said that, at the time he was our best player and biggest asset.

Dead on, you, Sir, hit the nail right on the head.  After Norwich, and that's not hindsight because at the time, more than a few, were wondering why this "superstar" is still allowed to wear the insignia of SWFC, I would have sent him on his way after that treasonous act.   

Rant aside, I'll let it set with Bruce, he's a fair Man, and Forestieri will be evaluated by Bruce, not by Owlstalk.  I would have sent Forestieri packing his gear, after Norwich, and said so.  He's not a Team Player and does nothing when he gets minutes on the pitch.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

However, this season:-

Matias 1526 minutes, 6 goals

Forestieri 1176 minutes, 3 goals + a pen

And bear in mind MM has played mainly as a winger, whereas FF has been striker this season.

A fit FF would outperform Maths. Although have we ever seen a fully fit Mattias? For that reason I'd get rid. Don't think either are the future for SWFC. 

On 17/04/2019 at 11:26, BIG D said:

I’d like to see him with a full injury-free pre season with Bruce under his belt.

Our best player if we can get him on the pitch regularly. 

BIG D knows. 

Some laughable comments in this thread 

lol

1 hour ago, gizowl said:

Those who are saying he should be sold please stand up, then give your heads a good wobble, numptys. 

Scores one amazing goal and now everyone is wrong. Jesus Christ. 

He's  been way below average for the past 2 seasons 

I’ve give him a bit of stick in this thread... delighted to be proved wrong with that goal tonight.

When you see what he can do when he wants it he is one of the best attackers in this league. Waste of a talent really... he should have played at the top level.

That goal tonight has probably put a million or two on his value. So do we sell in the summer if a decent bid comes in or keep hold and risk losing him for nothing next summer?