Fernando value

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Worth whatever people are prepared to pay for him. 

Some will want him to stay. Some will want him to go.

One thing is for sure....

At 29 and only contracted to summer 2020 this would be our last opportunity of making any money on him.

Absolutely spot on. Bruce knows he is a good player, his comments back this up but part of me thinks this is to maximise his transfer value at times. 

I wonder with his limited game time whether he is 100% fit, or whether Bruce has already identified the conundrum of where he can play best, which doesn't particularly fit with the current team shape. 

Whatever happens, trust Bruce to make the right decision. If I'm honest, not sure who is going to pay a reasonable fee and take on his wages, only us buying players on big money approaching 30 in recent years, there was a link with Cardiff, but assume Colin will leave when they are relegated, so relies on a move abroad where wages are generally lower. 

My guess would be that he's still here next season and see out his contract and wouldn't be disappointed with this at all. 

we were offered a figure approaching 15 million around 2 years ago what chansiri turned down ,he must be regretting that now ,hardly done a thing in 2 years only in patches now at best 2 million and he is on top wages . some other club would have to offer him a 3 year deal on 40k a week I don't see many clubs ready to offer him that. 

Guest Jack the Hat

FF is still a good player but he has had a bad run with injuries and is played out of position in a team which basically has no midfield. Any team which plays the closing game like Leeds yesterday nullifies Bannan and effectively our midfield. Leeds showed that after 10 minutes yesterday suddenly fletcher was ineffective as hooper was forced to play deep, so why FF is singled out is beyond me. When he had a run back end of last season he showed class, goals and battle. Any team with a decent midfield would have a bargain at under 4.5 mill.

There is a concern that Bruce sees him as a striker which he isn’t.

the midfield is the problem - get that right with FF on the left and he will be fine,

however fitness is now clearly an issue and we can’t keep retaining players who are unable to play 30-5 games a season.

Be over joyed to get anywhere near our money back but let’s be right who realistically would pay for him his wages alone would prevent anyone 

I’m hoping frank lampards derby take him?

wpuld any of the promoted or to be relegated premier clubs going for him 

Cardiff

leeds

norwich

maybe 

Whether it's true or not I don't know, but heard a rumour from work Forestieri REFUSED to play against Villa in the end he was talked round again but sat on the bench.

At this point, he doesn't really fit into our team and is expendable. If we could get back the 3m we paid for him then we snatch their hands off.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Whether it's true or not I don't know, but heard a rumour from work Forestieri REFUSED to play against Villa in the end he was talked round again but sat on the bench.

At this point, he doesn't really fit into our team and is expendable. If we could get back the 3m we paid for him then we snatch their hands off.

Don’t know about that, but I don’t suppose he relishes playing the style of football we’ve been playing these last couple of years He’d be great in that Leeds side, the way that Bielsa sets up In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me at all, if that’s where he ended up, whatever division they’re in

When he brought that ball down, turned then slipped it down line it was world class Messi esqu. 

Need to keep him, a full pre season onder Bruce.. Look how Matias n Boyd have come on under Bruce in such a short time. 

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Ridiculous mate. On form, he’s one of the best players in the Championship. Two years ago he was worth 10 million. No way does his value drop to zero. 5 million is a fair price. So glad we don’t have you in charge or we would be in the same situation as Bolton!

What a record we have of getting fees in for players under Chansiri. Jack Hunt is the only player we’ve received a fee for in the last 5 years.

I hope you’re right but I just don’t see any championship side spending most of their transfer budget on Forestieri based on what he’s delivered on the pitch the last two seasons.

We’ll see what happens in the summer anyway. Big decision for Bruce what he does with Forestieri and also with Jordan Rhodes when he comes back to us

• Like 1

11 hours ago, paulrs said:

it’s hard to know whether he can ever get back to what he was. He’s certainly not fully fit at the moment, he’s been in and out the side, playing in a formation that doesn’t really suit him and he’s had the court case hanging over him all year. It’s not surprising he’s nowhere near his best. 

I’d still like to see him after a good pre season although if we continue with 4-4-2 I’m not sure we’ll ever see him at his very best no matter how fit he is. 

Thing is, if he’s on £40k a week who’s going to pick up that wage? For that reason, if no other, I think he’ll stay and Bruce will make it a priority to coax the best out of him.

a number of our players (if not all) were brought in to play 'tiptap', I think i'm more likely to grow another leg than see bruce adopt that style.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

FF is still a good player but he has had a bad run with injuries and is played out of position in a team which basically has no midfield. Any team which plays the closing game like Leeds yesterday nullifies Bannan and effectively our midfield. Leeds showed that after 10 minutes yesterday suddenly fletcher was ineffective as hooper was forced to play deep, so why FF is singled out is beyond me. When he had a run back end of last season he showed class, goals and battle. Any team with a decent midfield would have a bargain at under 4.5 mill.

after 15 minutes we looked like a side that had a man sent off against serious opposition, or to put it another way 'uddersfield.

12 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

And by the way neg me all you like............he’s poo and has no interest whatsoever of playing for SWFC 

hate saying it but he looks like he doesn't give a fizz,and his performance level has dropped by miles

15 minutes ago, nilsson said:

What a record we have of getting fees in for players under Chansiri. Jack Hunt is the only player we’ve received a fee for in the last 5 years.

I hope you’re right but I just don’t see any championship side spending most of their transfer budget on Forestieri based on what he’s delivered on the pitch the last two seasons.

We’ll see what happens in the summer anyway. Big decision for Bruce what he does with Forestieri and also with Jordan Rhodes when he comes back to us

Is that technically correct? I think Stevie May and Wiggins were both transferred for a fee.

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Is that technically correct? I think Stevie May and Wiggins were both transferred for a fee.

Yes you’re right, I should have said 3 or 4 years. And I think both May and Wiggins were sold before Chansiri came in?

Either way, we’ve not recouped much through transfer fees in recent years