Fernando value

Chansiri seems to set high asking prices if we can believe what Nixon in the Sun says. If he's putting Joao up for 8m then Forestieri will be at least that - and no one's going to pay that when he can't string 3 games together.

Come end of August though, if he's fit and playing, some desperate sod will pay over the odds. Probably a flush parachute payment loaded club.

• Like 1

It seems like we are a better, more reliable team when he's not starting. 

It's a shame, as he has lots of talent, but he just doesn't seem right. Not sure if the injuries have taken their toll etc. 

If someone came in with an offer for him, I'd probably sell tbh. 

He turns 30 next year and has been largely reduced to a bit part player in the last few seasons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vulture_squadron said:

Chansiri seems to set high asking prices if we can believe what Nixon in the Sun says. If he's putting Joao up for 8m then Forestieri will be at least that - and no one's going to pay that when he can't string 3 games together.

Come end of August though, if he's fit and playing, some desperate sod will pay over the odds. Probably a flush parachute payment loaded club.

Sounds likes Uddersfield to me.:tango:

• Haha 1

It's not just him.. there's been a definite pattern at the club of players not playing for iffy reasons.

It needs straightening out once and for all imo.

All the will he won't he...can he can't he shall have to stop before we start next season.

All we ask for is a hard working .. focused squad who give their all honestly..no more b/s strops or mystery illness.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gizowl said:

Give your heads a shake, he's class, yesterday he was up for that and did well for the 20 he was on, apart from the shocking pass to Matias, its been a nightmare season for him right from the start at Mansfield, injury suspension court cases, working under jos, a good pre season under Bruce and I think he'll be back to his best 

He did 3 things when he came on. 

The awful pass to Matias.

A decent strike in the box which was blocked.

Went down very easily in the penalty area (surprise surprise).

Cant see anyone taking him off our hands for much now.

Can’t see us getting more than £2-3m unfortunately. 

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
15 hours ago, Beholder said:

He is worth money.

Just cos he hasn't been up to much recently doesn't make him valueless.

Same with Winnall.

I reckon we can get 5 or 6 million for the two 

Agree on Forestieri. About 3 million for Winnall.

23 hours ago, NYowl said:

Someone might take a punt on him, but I don't think we would get back what we paid for him now.

He has not been right for 3 seasons.

Lesson learned that most of the time you have to cash in when the chips are high.

Would have thought he has not been totally right since Fletcher was signed and he would not play around that time. Sept 2016 or 2017? Would need to check.

8 hours ago, victorturner said:

Would have thought he has not been totally right since Fletcher was signed and he would not play around that time. Sept 2016 or 2017? Would need to check.

Lots of amateur psychology in this thread.

Its much simpler.

Think back to all those amazing games where he and the team thrilled us. In almost every instance he was wide.

Look back to all the increasing number of games where he looks a shadow of himself. In almost every game he is used as a striker.

Put Ince or Jota or Knockaert in a front two and what do you think would happen?

Edited by Holmowl

Even with only a year left on his contract we should be looking for £5million plus. Gary Madine went for £5million. Yes Gary Madine. 

Id personally sell him. Just can’t see Bruce trusting him to play left wing and he isn’t good enough to play in a front two. 

• Like 1

If it wasn't his last year with us then his value would still be 3-5 million as he still has lots to offer in the Championship and a fresh start could do him good. Now we'd be lucky to get 2 million but I'd still cash in.

I only hope he doesn't come back to haunt us.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Holmowl said:

He just needs to move to the flipping wing.

Winger for us or another club - first pick.

Striker for us or another club - bit player.

He won't play wing under Bruce because he offers no support to the full backs and that's a luxury we can't afford.

24 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

He won't play wing under Bruce because he offers no support to the full backs and that's a luxury we can't afford.

Thats over-stated.

Matias and Aarons aren’t remounted for their defensive work either. 

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Thats over-stated.

Matias and Aarons aren’t remounted for their defensive work either. 

Matias has got much better at it. If that we're the case with Aarons why did he get him when he had Forestieri at the club already? I don't think he see him as a winger.

38 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Didn’t derby put in a bid last season of 7m or something? Or maybe dreamt that

I thought that was 2 years ago and was one of the reasons for his no show at Norwich.
Basically they were tapping him up, can't have a go at Derby too much as every club does it.

We would be better off offering him a 1 year extension to his contract, get him fit and playing scoring and creating goals and hope his value goes up as at the end of next season he is out of contract. 

If we sell him now for what he would cost to replace we would end up losing money.

For me match fit, firing and not having to worry about off the field issues he could still be so so important for us and Bruce would get the best out of him as Bruce is a manager you want to play for and respect a bit like Big Ron. Where as Jos was a complete Joke in all areas.