Fernando value

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

There something ain’t right with him in my opinion. He’s 29 and never really been a regular anywhere in his career 

He was a regular here for two years, and it was on,y a succession of injuries kept him out the side after that. I take your point he seems to have lost the effervescence of that first season in particular - not sure if that’s a physical or mental problem.

I’d love it if we could somehow get the 3 mill we paid for him back.

On his day he is incredible, but it was probably this time last year when we last saw some form from him and he hasn’t been worth the hassle that he has put upon us through his antics and tantrums. I can only hope he starts playing next season and we can get shut of him in the next January transfer window.

• Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313

There’s no point getting shut of players once they get to 29-30+ as you won’t get much of a fee for them. We should only get rid now for footballing reasons (I.e. if he’s deemed no longer good enough) rather than financial ones. We’ve missed the boat for selling him for a decent fee... at our level, every player has a price and there’s a few we could have sold for good money but didn’t. We could have sold him in August 2016, but it’s hard to argue that it was the wrong decision to turn it down as at the time he was our best player and we were aiming to get promoted that year. In hindsight he should have gone though.

I’d keep him, play him in the right position which is out wide or as a part of a forward 3 and try and get the best out of him. I’m sure that’s what Bruce will do, because he’s not quite good enough for the Prem, and in our league nobody will pay a big fee and take on his wages given his age/injury issues/weaker recent performances. So we’re better off keeping him and working with him.

The only first teamers I would potentially sell are Reach, Bannan, Winnal or Joao, as they are the only ones that could fetch big money to reinvest. There are others i’d get rid of, but not for financial reasons. Unless we’re forced to for FFP of course.. but then again, it’s a stupid system if you’re forced to sell off your assets on the cheap/release them on a free to balance the books when the club itself doesn’t actually need the money, it would only be doing it to comply. I’m sure that’s not the intention of it either so doubt we’d have to do that, but will see

29 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

He was awful yesterday but if we sell I’d be looking for 5 million with inflated prices today 

Who do you genuinely think would pay 5 million for him? All the championship clubs are hamstrung with FFP and I don’t see any premier league clubs signing him. I’d just be glad to get his wages off the books now if he’s on the reported 25k a week.

You could count the number of good games he’s had in the last two seasons on one hand

I'm firmly in the keep FF camp, although I accept this may well be a small group. 

He just doesn't look fully fit to me, and seems to be a bit hesitant, as if he is still feeling his injury. That said, I cannot argue with the many posters who quite rightly point out his lack of contribution over the past year or so. But, I still believe, if he was fully fit and in tune physically and mentally, he remains our most creative and dynamic player. 

As to cashing in on him, well value is a strange thing these days in football. 2 years ago, probably an 8 figure sum would have been about right, but now, if we can get anywhere near the 3 million we supposedly paid for him, then I reckon that would be ok.

I still harbour faint hope that he can get himself right and give us 1 more memorable season.

2 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

As to cashing in on him, well value is a strange thing these days in football. 2 years ago, probably an 8 figure sum would have been about right, but now, if we can get anywhere near the 3 million we supposedly paid for him, then I reckon that would be ok.

I still harbour faint hope that he can get himself right and give us 1 more memorable season.

Before the non-travelling to Norwich I’d have said he was worth about £10 million.

Right now as an underperforming 29 year old on big wages I’d say we’d do well to get any fee for him.

Wednesday never seem to sell players at the right time. Chris Brunt is still our record sale at £3 million

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, nilsson said:

Who do you genuinely think would pay 5 million for him? All the championship clubs are hamstrung with FFP and I don’t see any premier league clubs signing him. I’d just be glad to get his wages off the books now if he’s on the reported 25k a week.

You could count the number of good games he’s had in the last two seasons on one hand

Fullham 

• Haha 2

Not sure where he plays anymore. He's not a striker, not selfless enough to play a number 10 role, not defensively reliable enough to play wide left, not pacy enough to be a winger. Where the hell does he play then?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, nilsson said:

Ridiculous mate. On form, he’s one of the best players in the Championship. Two years ago he was worth 10 million. No way does his value drop to zero. 5 million is a fair price. So glad we don’t have you in charge or we would be in the same situation as Bolton!

In a world where Gary Madine goes for £6m, to say Forestieri is worthless is crazy.

I’d imagine a side coming down with parachute payments would be all over that if he was being given away, as a cheap gamble 

Edited by WhiteOwl91
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

It's obviously partly physical as nobody can play at their best unless 100% fit. The mental problem is probably due to continually being expected to influence a game like Hazard or Ronaldo or Messi.

He isnt a world class player . He's a very good player at this level. He has had his fair share of problems. Some of his own making....some not. I think he is a player that needs to feel loved and wanted. If Bruce can convince him that his best position is wide left and he has a run of games then perhaps he might get back to some better form. If we get Aarons on a permanent deal then I'm afraid Fessi will be surplus to requirement. I personally would be sad to see him go if that happens but things have to move on for the better. 

This sums it for me, and I’d add that he probably hasn’t enjoyed the way we have played, latterly under Carlos, then Jos, and maybe currently under Steve Bruce. We are effective now, but the football isn’t exactly scintillating Hopefully, that side of things will get better when the manager is able to address that side of the game