Wednesday, Villa, Derby all facing sanctions

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

I have wondered why Meire left? Why after only 12 months....I do wonder if she had a fall out with someone...no sales in January, perhaps she thought fooook this I'm not getting the blame for a fooook up by yet another chairman

She was in love wiv Jos....

That pic ..with Jos at the railway station broke her heart...it was like "brief encounter"..She called it "Brief accountant"..but its the same thing...Ive heard her ghost still walks Wadsley bridge...on "account" oif her poor Sheffield railway station knowledge

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I have wondered why Meire left? Why after only 12 months....I do wonder if she had a fall out with someone...no sales in January, perhaps she thought fooook this I'm not getting the blame for a fooook up by yet another chairman

Edited by owls-swfc

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

We will be deducted points, otherwise Brum would not have been deducted points. Being stuck with players is self inflicted it is not an excuse and they will not listen.

Brum said they will strive to reduce wage bill and sell players (not easy when on contracts on big dosh...or injured) DC more than likely said the exact same thing.

Brum sold no fooooker or reduced wage bill.....we have done likewise.

Next season makes no difference, we will be punished on the previous 3.

It really does, and once we've broken the rules they will look at next season when decided the level of punishment.

We won't be deducted points.

2 hours ago, Pinky said:

The daily fail as a credible source? and beleived!!!

This country has truly gone mad.

Surprised They haven't blamed Corbyn for it all :Sid:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

I thought Birmingham had been 'charged' and the date of their tribunal was in the public domain.  When is Wednesday, Derby and Villa's date in 'court'?

I don't think there is one. 

12 hours ago, Quist said:

In theory they could dock points from all the clubs. If they dock from one have to do it to others who fall into same trap.

I think if Birmingham had not bought a player they would not have been referred to commission for punishment. If we had ignored embargo advice we too would have been referred. 

The signing of the player whilst in the embargo was not given as a contributing factor in Brums punishment. 

The amount Birmingham lost seems to be less than we have if what the chairman said in the last forum is anything to go by. Wether our efforts to comply have saved us from any sanctions we’ll see but it is encouraging that unlike Birmingham we have not been charged nor has there been any inkling of any charges. What is clear is the whole thing is a mess what can be done by the EFL I don’t know whilever the premier league carries on as it pleases any rules will always have pitfalls, the games business model is deeply flawed and beyond repair. I think this close season will see an increase in permitted losses as a sticking plaster rather than a solution 

4 hours ago, darra said:

Surprised They haven't blamed Corbyn for it all :Sid:

Aye, the Birmingham issue is a left wing Communist conspiracy by Hong Kong owners working for government officials in Beijing to undermine western market driven forces in football. :ph34r:

The chairman ,Who I will admit have slated in the past ,Match day tickets are too expensive .Has backed his managers  with a transfer kitty ,The fact is the managers in the past have not been great ,Bruce is the man I hope can move us on ,Being in the premier or division one makes no difference to me ,And a lot more of you ,We are owls  ,We have broke the rules so what ,Some clubs break the rules and go up ,Get behind the chairman ,And Bruce  ,It will be a bit rocky for a while but we will be alright in the long run.

4 hours ago, Brommers said:

The signing of the player whilst in the embargo was not given as a contributing factor in Brums punishment. 

Correct. Quite a few on here keep saying we were punished for ignoring the embargo which is wrong. We actually won that battle because the wording in the rules of signing players was not clear. Also the player himself threatened legal action apparently so they lost that battle.

The point deduction is purely because we are making heavy losses and our income is pants.

And because the efl are vills fans if you believe in conspiracy theorys...

Edited by BrumBlue
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, prowl said:

The P & S system was introduced to stop rich clubs buying promotion and if it's implemented it would help smaller clubs compete. The fact that we are one of the richer clubs is why our fans are getting upset.

I can see the sense in P & S, it will take a few years to bed in but once it does clubs will not try and overspend and things will settle down. I'm totally against parachute payments because that does distort fair competition..

P&s is nothing to do with making the league more competitive. Clues in the title, it’s to stop owners loading the clubs with debt and sending them to the wall. 

• Thanks 1