Wednesday, Villa, Derby all facing sanctions

Changes need to be made to this mess.

Total joke that clubs like Man City continue to spend what they like without being penalised or getting tiny fines.

And clubs such as Wednesday have to compete with parachute payment clubs.

Many have cheated recently and also received only small punishments.

Pathetic English Football League!

This whole bullshit system needs a huge revamp and things scratching.

Parachute payments were brought in to help handle losses and help with things lien wages, not gamble on getting back to the prem. Money just gets spent on transfer fees and big wages. Within 5 years I’d suggest a total scrapping of parachute payments and have it wrtitten into contacts that players suffer something like a 50% pay cut in their wage. Make it compulsory. Just like it’s compulsory to have minimum fee release clauses in Spain. I think the longest contract players receive is 5 years (could be 6 now). So easy to start from the beginning of a season and phase out these payments and any new contract signed has this clause implemented.

Now they’ve levelled the playing fields. Let chairmen/owners spend what the hell they like. As long as they can prove finances over x amount of years so it can have no negative impact in the club. Then so what. So many clubs are already light years ahead and now there’s pretty much no way to catch them. I think Man City dropped lucky just before they got a little stricter on the rules. 

If anything FFP and P&S and the money involved in premier league football has made clubs gamble more and put their futures at risk. 

Let clubs spend what they like and are able to.

18 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Changes need to be made to this mess.

Total joke that clubs like Man City continue to spend what they like without being penalised or getting tiny fines.

And clubs such as Wednesday have to compete with parachute payment clubs.

Many have cheated recently and also received only small punishments.

Pathetic English Football League!

The EFL and the Premier League are different entities, neither governing body has the power to sanction or fine clubs outside of it's members. After QPR used this fact to avoid their fines under the old FFP model for several years, the EFL is taking action in the season the breaches happened, rather than the season after.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

The title of this article misses out several key words - namely ‘could’, ‘presumably’ and ‘potential’.

Daily Mail.

:duntmatter:

All the article has done is said what we have been saying for a couple of years - that P&S sanctions are likely due to our accounts. They have seized on the opportunity to make a sensationalist click-bait article thanks to the fact that Birmingham have been deducted points.

It seems that Birmingham did nothing to appease the EFL and show they were trying to address issues, thus losing nearly the permitted 3-year figure in one year. If our upcoming accounts show similar then points sanctions could come our way but maybe we have done more to try and address it than Birmingham - letting our highest earner go out on loan, selling our 1st choice right-back and trying to introduce new forms of revenue. 

43 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The thing is they can’t dock points from all three clubs. 

In theory they could dock points from all the clubs. If they dock from one have to do it to others who fall into same trap.

I think if Birmingham had not bought a player they would not have been referred to commission for punishment. If we had ignored embargo advice we too would have been referred. 

1 minute ago, Quist said:

In theory they could dock points from all the clubs. If they dock from one have to do it to others who fall into same trap.

I think if Birmingham had not bought a player they would not have been referred to commission for punishment. If we had ignored embargo advice we too would have been referred. 

For example, Both Birmingham and Villa have made a loss on transfers this season, whereas Derby and ourselves have turned a profit. 

• Like 1

Well 1st things, its the Daily Mail, so I wouldnt take anything that rag prints as truthful, whether it is or not.

However, whilst I totally understand the intent of the rules, i.e. to protect unscrupulous owners trashing the club it is also creating a bit of distortion of what is effectively a competitive business environment. Therefore, in what other situation would a business be told it cant lose more than £XM, none? So if any owner wants to spaff loads of money into a club to grow it etc why shouldnt they.

The comment about the clubs being turned on by 'smaller clubs' could be replicated at Prem level, except the 14 or so clubs there are getting lots of money even if they cant compete with the top 6-8 clubs.

Its a totally fvcked up model for the Prem, Championship and lower leagues, which frankly needs reforming but wont whilst ever the fat cats running it are allowed to dictate rules that protect the few and indirectly penalise clubs like ours with a big fan base but are held back by rules that simply dont work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Villa losing £60m even with their parachute payments is disgraceful. 

Aye, therein lies a fundamental problem for the EFL. The blame for that reckless spending has to go down to one man, Tony Xia. Presumably, he went through a ratification process that deemed him "fit and proper" to run a football club. Will the EFL admit they got it wrong and that the criteria used in the ratification process is just as b o l l o c k s as their administration of P & S?