Wednesday, Villa, Derby all facing sanctions

End of day we need it sorting quick I wouldn’t mind a point deduction this season so we can clean slate and give a big push for next year but let’s face it won’t be as bad as Birmingham they literally stuck 2 fingers up to it

Instead of parachute payments there it should be written into

contracts to bring the payments in line 

for example if the cost of falling out of the division is is about 80% turnover then this should be the case in salary changes ( but harsh I know ) 

amother way would be an automatic reduction in salaries 30-40% but a releagation release fee either 50% of what the player was purchased for or if they was home grown / frees then a 2million release fee. 

Once a club has been relegated they can start renogiation contacts. I would imagine putting players on better contracts and increasing there wages again for those mercenaries or ones that might feel they can do better will be picked up if there that good on the cheap but the relegated club can still use this to rebuild the squad 

like ways for those the club do not wish to maintain they can look for new clubs and if they are still left with players on high wages where nobody will buy them on the relegation clause that’s just too bad they would have to sell the better players to balance it

maybe they can have a slight parachute payment on top of let’s say 15 million over 3 years

id imagine this would see the relegated teams forced to balance there books and trade smartly rather than just saying here’s a big lump you have 3 years s£&t or  bust 

4 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Changes need to be made to this mess.

Total joke that clubs like Man City continue to spend what they like without being penalised or getting tiny fines.

And clubs such as Wednesday have to compete with parachute payment clubs.

Many have cheated recently and also received only small punishments.

Pathetic English Football League!

FFP, P&S, EPPP & Parachute Payments are all designed to pull up the drawbridge, to the offshore Prem ... 

Unless it's all just a perfect storm of coincidence 

post-445-0-32293700-1459432022.jpg

I know we’ve got a high wage bill but we’ve only spent 400k in the last 3 transfer windows, hardly taking the p*ss is that

It was the summer of 2016 and the January of 2017 where we spurged £14m on Rhodes, Jones and Abdi, 3 players who cost a fortune and have contributed a grand total of bugger all. Also add the £4m on JVA and including wages you have a total expenditure of around £25-£30m on those 4 alone 

:duntmatter::Chansiri:

13 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

We weren't technically under embargo then, we just didn't have any wiggle room financially. But we did get a little windfall from Chelsea game, which will have largely covered Iorfa's initial fee. His wages we'll be looking to offset against a significant overall reduction next season.

Birmingham's continued dealings re: that particular player was a pretty brazen mick-take from what I can gather. Not surprised EFL were riled.

Which is my point bud. I don't think we'll have any problems next season due to getting some high earners off the wage bill lessening our weekly expenditure. 

If we've explained to the Efl that we're stuck with non playing drains on our income, who need to be covered for as we can't sell them and are stuck with them and it's out of our control, but were trying to get our house in order by releasing those players when contracts run out,tgen I think we'll be OK. 

Placed as a reasonable argument I can't see sanctions or points deductions happening. 

• Like 1

Is it just me that finds it bizzare that we ( or rather MrC) can only spend £39 m over three season, while Villa ( for example) have a £120m start over that period. While every day I read that Chelsea or Man Utd are going to spend £150m on Carlos Carlos, who I’ve never even heard of. 

Just now, Plonk said:

Is it just me that finds it bizzare that we ( or rather MrC) can only spend £39 m over three season, while Villa ( for example) have a £120m start over that period. While every day I read that Chelsea or Man Utd are going to spend £150m on Carlos Carlos, who I’ve never even heard of. 

Must be some player, they've named him twice.

5 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Changes need to be made to this mess.

Total joke that clubs like Man City continue to spend what they like without being penalised or getting tiny fines.

And clubs such as Wednesday have to compete with parachute payment clubs.

Many have cheated recently and also received only small punishments.

Pathetic English Football League!

You can't have FFP whole ever there are parachute payments. It makes a mockery of the whole system.

1 hour ago, Hirst1867 said:

Still blaming the rules

Rather than those who knew the rules and broke the rules

It's a fair enough point although it was more of a gamble against the rules and more recently a change in their implementation.

In DC's defence, he employs a proven compliance consultant in relation to the rules and criticisms re. transfer policy/purchases are always easier with hindsight.

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

We bought Iorfa?? 

That said though we had no problems from the efl afterwards. 

I was reading something the other day that said Birmingham ignored the embargo and signed that left back. 

The league refused to allow them to register the player, but after a court case by the players representatives which they lost the EFL allowed him to be registered and play. 

This is one of the reasons I think we'll be OK as long as we've agreed that welet those out of contract at the end of season go,thus elevating FFP costs due to clearing some high wages off the books. 

We weren't under embargo when we bought Iorfa..birmingham were when they bought their player.

That said...We have obviously infringed the financial limits over the 3 year period...

We have had hints...what did Chansiri mean by "big trouble" next season?..He knows the rules...maybe he expects the deduction ..next season...I would sooner take it now.

If its 6 points...fair enough...as long as the EFL enforce the rules on all.

Birmingham have been docked 12 points...Doubtless they will expect other clubs to be treated in similar fashion...albeit they totally ignored the "embargo" and we didn't..That would be why our punishment isn't as bad as theirs.

But...I would expect some sort of "penalty"

its bloody pointless otherwise...isn't it?

As I said in another thread only deducting Birmingham is a strange one. It's set a benchmark against which other clubs will be punished. Taking us as an example if our debt is similar and they decided to reduce us 10.points with a £100k fine no doubt our lawyers would be all over it like a rash as an unfair penalty citing Birmingham. Makes me wonder if the EFL is softening their stance with the realisation that the whole system is unfair when a relegated clubs parachute payment is more than a club in the league can lose in 3 seasons. Probably wishfull thinking.

47 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Birmingham have been docked 12 points...Doubtless they will expect other clubs to be treated in similar fashion...albeit they totally ignored the "embargo" and we didn't..That would be why our punishment isn't as bad as theirs.

But...I would expect some sort of "penalty"

Wednesday are never given a penalty. It's a well known fact.:Sid:

Guest Hirst1867
1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Didn't Chansiri say along that if we don't go up, we will fail P&S rules, my guess is an Embargo, until we reduce costs (like most of our out of contract players getting released).

No

He said don't worry about FFP we have a plan